Ovarian cysts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian cysts? Ovarian cysts?

Unread 06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Ovarian cysts?

Has anyone experienced bad lower back pain with an ovarian cyst? What symptoms have you experienced with them? My DR diagnosed me back in Oct with a verys mall ovarian cyst. He called it a functional cyst and said it should go away. Is it possible that the cyst never went away and has grown bigger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Ovarian cysts?

Elizabeth,
It's possible, if you haven't been back to your doctor, you need to schedule an appt so the doctor can check and see if the cyst has resolved or it has grown.
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Ovarian cysts?

Elizabeth,

I had my ovaries removed in 2004 but I keep getting "ovarian remnants" and each time I start having lower back pain and I think I have a bladder infection.
I go to the Dr. and find out I have another "ovarian remnant".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Ovarian cysts?

I just learned that I have ovarian cysts on both ovaries after months of testing for gi problems they found the cysts while doing a ct scan about 4 months ago. i just went for follow up u/s last week and they are both still there. 1 is a simple cysts and 1 is a complex cyst. I have pressure and back pain and what feels like menstral cramping in my back. have had nausea and diahrea for about 6 months to a year. I have a follow up again in 6 weeks.....I would just assume, they take them out as well. if you are having back pain, I would def. follow up with your doctor
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Ovarian cysts?

I had lower back pain with my recurrent ovarian cysts also. I also had problems with my bowels and nausea. Since I had my hystertomy and ovaries removed everything is back to normal.
Unread 06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Ovarian cysts?

I have ovarian cysts. I have lower back pain/cramping. If I am walking around for a while, I end up feeling like I did in early labor, regards to my lower back. Regardless it is usually very achy, mildly uncomfortable.
It also, sometimes, radiates down into my thigh.
My bowels are usually loose, and I have to run to the bathroom on occasion. Sometimes I have nausea, but not always.

I don't know if it related...but when the cysts are worst, I also have insomnia.
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Ovarian cysts?

Thank you for all your replies. I see the DR tomorrow. Can they usually be felt during an internal examination? The back pain is awful. I don't know if this is related or not, but did anyone have a creamy white discharge with ovarian cysts? I have been recently put on the femring and noticed this, but I don't know if it would be from the femring or not. Just a thought.
Unread 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Ovarian cysts?

Hi,

I had ovarian cysts, and it felt just like I was getting my period, this was going on for 3months straight. The pain also radiated down my thighs. I also had fibroids. I am now 6 days post op TAH, now, no ovaries, cysts, or fibroids. My cysts were also rupturing, that feels like giving birth, I landed in the ER for that. Good Luck
Unread 06-25-2008, 02:10 AM
Ovarian cysts?

I had a hyster in March and I was suffering from major labor pains. Back ache, knee aches, stomach ripping. April 11 the pain returned. Doc says cyst have returned. The only treatment is birth control & pain killers. Intercourse is very painful. I am back on the heating pad, and it is driving me crazy. So I do not know what to say other than the cyst do come back, and cause alot of pain. This birht control seems to be taking the edge off the pain.....a little bit. Hope you are doing better than myself. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register