When does the castle contact you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When does the castle contact you? When does the castle contact you?

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
When does the castle contact you?

I might be a little anxious, but when does the castle contact you for pre-op info. I know they will contact me the day before with the time to report. But I find myself sitting here waiting anxiously and hoping that they didn't forget about me. I am scheduled for HYST. July 1. The only thing my dr. said was that they would contact me sometime through out the week ahead for info. I wish they would call already so I know that everything is still on schedule. I know the waiting is the hardest part, but this feels like toture. I jump for the phone every time it rings only to find out it is not the hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Hey Ms. Aware, the castle I went to called me the Thursday before my Monday surgery. Someone else called me the Friday before also. Don't worry, they will not forget about you! And I hope the people who call you are as nice as the folks who called me! Good luck, stay healthy, don't worry!
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:23 AM

i think mine called me about a week before for some info. they also called on the friday before my monday surgery to tell me what time to be there. it was changed from 10:30 am to 6:30am..which i was very happy to hear. they wont forget you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:42 AM

My surgery is this Friday and I was told they would call Thursday between 4 and 6pm.

Good luck to you!
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:29 AM

When my dr's office called to schedule they already had the time for the pre-op and the time to report for the surgery. I liked knowing that, it made planning alot easier.
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:12 PM

Fear not they shall call. We are scheduled for our hysties the same day and I just got reminder calls from my doc's and the Castle that I have my preop appointments with them tomorrow at 11 and 12 respectively. I've already been told I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 to check in for surgery at 9:30. Relax, they should be in touch very soon. Positive thoughts being sent your way.
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM

I've already had my pre-op for my July 3rd surgery, and I am already sporting my red and white hospital armband. I wish I had realized I was going to get it then as I would have postponed it to next week.

My post op for my June 6th lap turned into a pre-op for the July 3rd TAH, and the drs office & hospital usually coordinate them for the same day. But my dr. is usually booked up and I didn't want to change that appointment. I have to keep the band dry so I wrap it in Saran wrap before my showers. The nurse said if the band was off or the name no longer readable they would have to recharge me to do the whole pre-op again

So I'm being very careful ! LOL
Unread 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM

My doctor's office coordinated the scheduling of my pre-op appointment with her and with the hospital for blood work, along with the surgery time, and my post-op appointment once I decided on the date for my hysterectomy. And then like clockwork, the week before everyone started to call me to confirm dates and times and obtain the information that they needed from me.
Unread 06-24-2008, 09:53 PM

my doc's office gave me a phone # to call if i didn't hear from the hospital by tuesday (surgery was thursday) ... and of course, they called tuesday afternoon, just as expected!
Unread 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodies
When my dr's office called to schedule they already had the time for the pre-op and the time to report for the surgery. I liked knowing that, it made planning alot easier.

Now see, that is the way mine was done. The day we decided on the surgery he went ahead and scheduled the date and time and told me what time to be at the hospital. Then on my pre-op day I went to my dr first to ask any questions and then I was scheduled to go to the hospital and fill out my paperwork. I knew all of this on that very first day or my nerves would have been shot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register