2 weeks post op - fat and bloated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op - fat and bloated 2 weeks post op - fat and bloated

Unread 06-24-2008, 05:57 PM
2 weeks post op - fat and bloated

I had a TAH on June 10. I feel so fat and bloated it's almost like I'm pregnant! Nothing fits me except sweat pants and it feels like I have a rock or something in my abdomen. Is this normal? I'm worried that when I go back to work in a month I'll need a whole new wardrobe of "fat" clothes! Does anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Annette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM

I think I can safely say we all have. There will be varying degrees of it for each lady here but you are not alone.

Here is a link that may help :https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_163685.htm

As for the "rock" in your tummy if it feels harder after eating etc I think that is normal but if it feels really uncomfy just put a call in to your doc and get some advice.

Feel better soon~
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Only go back to work in a month if you feel up to it! Sounds too soon to me. AND when you do go back, if you can, start back half days. If you think you feel all fat and bloated now, going back to work initially probably won't help that feeling at all! You will definitely need some stretch "fat" clothes initially for going back to work. I wore the stretchy leggin' type slacks..still do. I still cannot comfortably wear anything that is a fly-front! Or loose dresses or elastic waistband skirts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Hand in There

I had a hyst in Feb. My worst recovery time was the end of week 2 through my 3rd week. Was so bloated and uncomfortable. I iced packed my belly and back at least twice a day. It really helped with the swelling and bloated feeling. I also tried to walk a little each day and made sure my legs were elevated when I sat down. Also made sure my bowels moved regulary to not add to the bloated feeling. By the end of of my third week I felt Really good. I was back into my clothes and going out for short trips.
Hope this helps. Oh, if you don'yt have to return to work full-time, then don't. Give yourself and your body the chance it needs to heal. Obviously, it's your call
Good Luck!!
Kelly
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM

Kelly,
Thanks so much. Did you also find you had trouble sleeping in a bed? did that make it worse? I was sleeping on our recliner for about a week and recently started sleeping in the bed and that may be the difference. Anyway, I'm so glad I discovered this board - it makes me feel so much better knowing there are actually other women going through or have gone through what I'm going through. I was given the okay to work half days for a bit when I return to work but so we'll see.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register