anyone with daughters feel this way? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone with daughters feel this way? anyone with daughters feel this way?

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:02 PM
anyone with daughters feel this way?

You will all think I am totally NUTS, but I am here to tell you I probably am:-)

I am feeling cheated because I won't have my period at the same time my daughter has hers. I had 3 sisters and we all seemed to have ours together. It was comforting to have them go through the experience with me.

My DD is 12 and hasn't started her first cycle yet. I am thankful because she so isn't ready, yet at the same time I will miss that experience with her.

My Aunt said this is her special time and it is my time to heal. UGH! I can't shake this feeling.

My mom had already finish menopause (42) by the time I started............so I guess I just realized in typing this why I feel the way I do???? who knows.

me (the one who everyone is saying is being over dramatic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:21 PM

let me give you a different perspective ... i have two DD's, 20 and 21 ... lately, they've been off at college, home for winter and summer breaks, but for the last several years, they have been home and cycling with me -- but i have been on a 22-23 day cycle ... it's been brutal for me, but even worse for my poor teenagers ... they didn't sign on for that! when they're away at school, they're 'normal' at 28-30 days, but as soon as they get home, it comes back on them fast and furious! your daughter isn't going to ever notice that you're both not running for the bathroom at the same time, she's going to notice that you are there for her, and will love and support her unconditionally, and not just for 'girl stuff' but for every other aspect of her blooming new life! relax! you're going to be fine, and think of how much more fun you're going to have together, without having to worry about your own pain &/or fatigue!
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:36 PM

I have talked to my step daughter about this, and she told me what is more important to her, more than cycling with me is being able to be open about anything with me.
she can tell me anything and she knows that
just keep the communication lines open hun. hugs me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2008, 02:01 AM

I have 3 daughters--4yr, 2yr and 11 months--the only thing I regret about not having my periods when they do is that my husband will have 1 week each month where there will be no one having a period or PMSing since I won't be in the equation LOL
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:10 AM

I also have 3 daughters. 10, 8 and 18 months old. I agree with Maggie... At some point there will be 1 week of freedom for my hubby as I wont be there to have it.

I have talked to my two oldest girls about my surgery and why I have to have it done and they completey understand. My mother never had a period when I did as she had a hyst when I was VERY young so I guess it does not really bother me.

But I can see where you are coming from and how you would feel that way. It would be neat to be there going through it with your daughter but I know I need this surgery now rather than later.
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:13 AM

IC-GA - are you in GA? I am in the cumming area... just thought I would check since I saw you had GA in your name.
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Hi IC-GA I was thinking the same thing as you and thought that it was a really strange thought. I have a 11 year old daughter who also hasn't started and it just hit me when I was getting a glass of water that I will not be cycling with my her and it upset me, I had to go into my room and wipe away the tears. I never realized that it would be something that I am going to miss until now. Of all the things to miss thats a strange one huh? I just wanted you to know that your not alone in your thinking and thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one who is going to miss this. Just remember that even thought you wont be cycling with your daughter at least you will be there for her and answer any ?'s she will have. Good luck and thanks again for sharing.
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:17 PM

You know I had the same thought. I started at 11...so I thought for sure my daughter who turned 13 last month would have started by now and we would have been pmsing etc at the same time. I agree I thought it was a weird thing to be sad about, but I guess many of us have had the same thoughts.

I have been sad I can't be with my mom to talk to her about her hysterectomy. She died Feb 2006. I miss her and I wish she could be with me when I recover. I cared for her during her Pancreatic Cancer.

Sharon
6/30/08
TAH/BSO/Burch/Adenomyosis/Endometriosis/Ovarian Cysts/Fibromyalgia ETC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register