Very Personal Question...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Personal Question...... Very Personal Question......

Unread 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Very Personal Question......

I don't know if maybe this is too personal a question but I am curious as to how long it took for those that lost their pubic hair for it to grow back?! I had my last treatment about a month or so ago and it still isn't coming back......YIKES!!!! I am starting to freak out here!!! I hope this isn't a permanent thing.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2008, 10:01 AM

It should start to grow back, mine started around 6 weeks. Although everyone is different it may or may not grow back.
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the reply Ialwaysworry.... I really hope this isn't a permanent thing!! Although it IS nice NOt to have to bikini shave so far this summer.....my DH doesn't seem to mind either. Sorry....TMI!!! I just feel REALLY exposed!!! UGH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Uhhhh, my treatments ended in October of last year and I'm still waiting. No, seriously, still waiting. I mean, don't get me wrong, not worrying about having bikini waxes is great, but I don't want to be THAT bare! I do grow stray hairs here and there which looks even weirder so I just shave those. I never had much hair in that area to begin with so it's not that big a deal, plus my husband kinda digs it. Sorry if that was . I guess everyone is different but I'm pretty sure the majority of women DO get most, if not all of it back. I'm just the oddball, as usual.
Oh, just read your post previous to mine. Hey, if your DH likes it, all the better. Think of all those poor women who really struggle with it. When I used to get waxed, the lady who did it told me that some women have ALOT of hair, some WAY down their thighs, so.....to me, it's 1 less thing to worry about! I'd say we here have enough!
Unread 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM

Mine took about 6 weeks after my last dose to begin coming back. But the hair on my head started back after my 2nd to last dose. I guess it's different for everyone.

Something nice though is that my leg hair is now almost negligible. And the hair under my arms is very thin now too. I only have to shave bits and parts every 2 months.
Unread 06-26-2008, 04:54 PM

I've noticed the same thing about the hair on my legs. I don't have to shave nearly as often as I used to. That is a good thing!
Unread 06-26-2008, 05:16 PM

It's been exactly one year since my treatment, and I probably have @ half the amount of pubic hair than before.

I don't mind it either....but it took me awhile to get used to this! I guess this is part of out "new normal!"

But if this is what it takes to rid ourselves of the beast, it's well worth it!!!!

BTW, my DH digs it too!!
Unread 06-26-2008, 11:39 PM

My hair started growing back at about 5-6 weeks. I took steroids, so when it did grow back, it came back really thick and curly EVERYWHERE! I've had a couple of wax jobs since then - it's been a year now and I have a lot of wave (the curls are gone) in my hair which I swear is thicker. Other areas have returned to normal - like nothing happened. Enjoy your freedom from shampoo, hair products, blow dryers, flat iron, curling irons and $$$ for the hairdresser and have a great summer
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:19 AM

I never went through chemo and my pubic hair never grew back after my surgeries....I equated to a hormonal issue. I also shave my legs and underarms a lot less then I used too.
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:31 AM

I only had radiation -- no chemo -- so my pubic hair loss directly corresponds to where the radiation was directed. After awhile, it did grow back in that area, but it's about half as thick as the hair below the area that was subjected to radiation. Since I'm 3.5 years out from the end of radiation, I suspect that what I have is what I'll get. At first the sparseness of the hair in that one area bothered me because I just wanted things to get back to normal, but now this is my new normal, and I don't even notice it.

Take care! s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register