EvaMist | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
EvaMist

I've been on the Climara patch and am currently on the Vivelle Dot .75 but both have caused fluctuations and they both seem to stop working after a few months of use. It feels like I am not taking anything right now. My Dr is very gungho for EvaMist and wants me to try it. I have many symptoms but the main ones that cause my quality of life to suffer are headaches and anxiety. She said with the EvaMist, I can use it up to three times a day if needed and it should be more consistant. I haven't seen much about EvaMist on this forum lately so I am wondering if anyone out there is using it and having success or not. I would like to try the Estrace pill but my Dr does not like to prescribe it because it goes through the liver. She wants me to try the EvaMist first. Let me know how it's working or not working. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
EvaMist

Well, everyone is different but I did not care for the evamist. I felt like I was not using anything. I have been on .075 Vivelle Dot for a year and a half. (the past few weeks, I have been using a .10. It is really hot where I live and the .075 doesn't seem to last as well in the summer, especially if I am exercising a lot.) I get bad headaches and anxiety when my estrogen is low, as well. I made it about two days, if that, on the Evamist. I had to slap on another patch. I would be so happy if I could find a better mousetrap that would keep my hormones more even. My neck and head start aching on the last day of my patch. My memory also gets awful. When I notice those symptoms, I know it is time to change. I usually notice the anxiety on the night I change. My heart will start racing when I am lying in bed. By the next morning, I usually feel fine. -Vicki
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
EvaMist

try overlapping your days..leave the old patch for one day after you put your new new on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2008, 08:20 AM
EvaMist

I do overlap my patches. I change every 72 hours. I put the new one on at night and take the old one off the next morning. Usually, I keep two on for 8-12 hours. I am going in to speak with my doc monday. -v
Unread 07-26-2008, 03:56 PM
EvaMist

Although I had good response, I found the Evamist to be not long lasting enough. I think its more for women in regular menopause. Surgical meno is a different ball game. They sure are pushing it hard. I was told it was evamist or nothing. I went to a different doctor.
Unread 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM
EvaMist

I tried to completely stop HRT for about a month or so. Very bad idea for me! I just started taking Evamist 5 days ago. I use 2 sprays daily. I can't say anything adversely affecting me, but don't notice a big difference. Still having hot flashes pretty bad. I read somewhere you should be able to tell a difference after 5 days, but my doctors nurse told me to call her after 2 weeks to check in. I will wait and see. I have taken Premarin, Enjuvia, and used the Vivelle dot in the past. Good luck.
Unread 08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
EvaMist

I have been on Evamist since June after I had my surgery. It worked okay. When I went to my 6 week check up he told me to go to 2 sprays and it should knock the hot flashes out. I have pretty good days. I'm still hoping that it does the trick.
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:31 PM
EvaMist

Hi Donna, Do you use 2 sprays at the same time?
thanks
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
EvaMist

The doctor had me doing both sprays at the same time. I am now using Premarin 1.25x2.
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM
EvaMist

donna, Hi, so did you stop the spray all together?
Beck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register