Just lost it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Just lost it

I was at work today and the hospital called to go through the routine questions before surgery July 10. As I went through and answered all of a sudden I started crying and could not stop. Two more weeks to go and I just am not sure if I can do it. I come home and hubby says oh just the way she asked. I explained no, I am scared. Oh you'll be fine. Sure I will be fine but right now I am so scared and I'll be fine but not a couple of days after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Just lost it

I know how you are feeling. I was the same way. The night before my surgery I cried til I fell asleep then the next morning it started as soon as I had to hug my kids goodbye. You read a lot of woman on here say the waiting for the surgery was the worse part. It truly is.

Its completely normal to be emotional right now. This is a hard thing to deal with.
Unread 06-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Just lost it

Waiting is hard, and that's why I'm staying busy right up to the day before. I'm at peace with my decision and surgery, but wouldn't be human if there wasn't some thread of trepidation, the "what if........'s" that hit everyone the closer we get to our trip to the castle. It's a big surgery and even though it is for our greater good, it's still scary. You have a lot of support and hugs here from us all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Just lost it

Hi tavsgram,

WE are hystertwins, my surgery is the same date as yours. I too have been very anxious abouth the upcoming surgery, especially my pre-op on the 30th. I asked my primary for some anxiety medication and she gave it to me. Maybe you could get something as well. It really does work when I have needed it. Good luck to you, see you on the other side.
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Just lost it

It is normal to be scared and have anxiety about this type of surgery or any surgery for that matter. This one though on a women is a big toll! Mine is 7 days after yours and I am scared to death, nervious, and ready to just get past it.

Juat hang in there - we are always here to listen if you need us!
Unread 06-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Just lost it

I tried to do things that required concentration, like playing games and singing to the radio to keep my mind occupied before my surgery. It worked too because I never did freak out.....lol. In the pre-op, I was a little nervous but I tried to joke and cut up with the nurses and dr to make them smile and it helped me not think about my anxiety.
Unread 06-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Just lost it

I was soooo scared up 'tll a week before surgery and I'll let you know what REALLY ended up helping me.
A few days before surgery I got a hold of a book and tape that was HUGE in calming me down and helping me. It's called "Prepare for Surgery-Heal Faster" by Peggy Huddleston. I think it could have saved me TONS of anxiety if I'd had it a week or 2 before- but even a few days made a big difference. It's really about allowing your body a chance to relax and get out of the cycle of intense fear. It's something you can DO to make a difference- I really think it's still helping me, even after the surgery.
Keep up with hystersisters- we're all in this together.
Blessings-
Vicki
Unread 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Just lost it

I'm another one who was really helped by Peggy Huddleston's book. It made me feel like I had some control over the process, and wasn't just a victim of what was happening to me.

I also really believe that the healing statements have helped me heal faster. I had my surgeon tell me that I would be thirsty, hungry for chicken broth and that I would enjoy walking. I was asking for broth almost as soon as I regained consciousness, and shortly after I got settled in my room, I was paging the nurse for someone who could come and help me walk.
Unread 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Just lost it

It is such a roller coaster of feelings before surgery. The waiting really is the hardest part but you will feel so much better soon! Keeping you in my thoughts!
Unread 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Just lost it

I have that book too and it's very helpful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register