Chemo Round 3 on Board!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo Round 3 on Board!! Chemo Round 3 on Board!!

Unread 08-02-2001, 04:12 PM
Chemo Round 3 on Board!!

Hi Dear Sisters
Lab values popped up, so it was a go for chemo3. I got my CA125 result which was
drawn after chemo 1, right before chemo 2 was given. 14!!!!! That made me very
happpy. Those nasty drugs are doing the deed! Now I just anticipate not much
appetite for three days, constipation for three days, and bone pain in my legs on day
three. My doc adviced some Percocet to help with the one day of bone pain. All in all
chemo is not so bad. So Saturday morning it's off to the shore for a week with my
hugh family. Lots of blood sisters will be available to rub the old legs come Sunday.
One of the blood sisters told me to be sure and shave my legs on Saturday before she
rubs them on Sunday. She is the sis from S. Carolina. I had to laugh and say what leg
hair. But now she is jealous that even my stray chinny hairs have disappeared.
Maria, my thoughts and prayers are heading off with you tomorrow for your check up.
You go girl!!!!! oxoxoxoxoxoxkaren ovca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2001, 04:49 PM
Chemo Round 3 on Board!!

Hugs Karen!!
YOU go girl!!! Great numbers on the CA125...gotta love that!!!
I didn't know you suffered from constipation from the chemo too. I had it really bad, they say its from the anti-nausea drugs, and because I was vomitting so much I was on extra, so you can imagine. I swear I would rather have diarreha for a week than constipation for 2 days. Its just awful isn't it?

Well.... you will have a wonderful time on your vacation, and with all the help with your leg pain, hey, you have it made....try and get them to stretch it out into a back rub too!!

I laughed at your comment about your sister saying about shaving your legs.....ohhh I can remember praying for the day I had to shave my legs again because that would mean I was finished with the chemo.

I was telling my sister yesterday, I can't believe it is almost 1 year since the night I first knew something was very wrong when I doubled over in pain. It was Aug. 28th. Its been a long hellish year, but gee the months have flown by.

Anyway girl, you have a wonderful vacation, and thank you so much for your well wishes. I won't have alot of info tomorrow as they don't send me for the bloodwork until after my appt. so it will be 10 days or so till I have my beta count. (the marker they use for me) It was 2 in April...so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Have a blast Karen, and be sure to drop in and tell us all about it when you are home!!
Love and Hugs!!
M. xoxo
Unread 08-03-2001, 05:01 AM
Chemo Round 3 on Board!!

Wonderful news on the CA125!! That's great!!
I hope that you have a very nice vacation and get to relax and really enjoy yourself!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2001, 05:27 AM
Chemo Round 3 on Board!!

Karen , wonderful news. !!!! And have a great time away , you deserve it. Much love always x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register