tomorrow is the big day!! Yikes!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tomorrow is the big day!! Yikes!! tomorrow is the big day!! Yikes!!

Unread 07-07-2008, 10:56 AM
tomorrow is the big day!! Yikes!!

Well, I can't believe it is finally here. I am so thankful for this site and all you wonderful ladies out there. I took my two laxatives this morning and just have to eat clear foods like jello, broth. I woke up with the "what ifs"...what if I have more pain then I can handle, what if the nurses ignore me and leave me to suffer, what if it is too painful for me to stand up and walk...etc., etc. I am scared, but know so many of you have gone through it without the suffering I am afraid of. I will be so glad to be on the other side and give back some of the wonderful words of encouragement and support. I have a feeling this is going to be a long day. I would love to hear some last words of encouragement to get me through. Thanks so much to all of you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM

You are right, TODAY will be a looooong day!! I was there 2 weeks ago, but here I am on the other side, feeling pretty good, getting out of the house some and glad it is over. I had good nurses in the castle and was never in terrible pain. Anytime I asked for pain meds they delivered.
I wish you an easy surgery & recovery. God Bless
Unread 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM

Hi hun - I think you will be ok.

It will be a bit painful as your are having surgery and well that is never easy but I do not think it will be so painful you can not bear it unless you do not take your pain meds.

Just take deep breathes, and know that you will be in good hands and do not think about the what if's. I know that is easier said than done..but ..remember you are having this done so that you have a better living ahead!!

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 11:46 AM

I know. mine is July 15 , next week. I am wondering how Bear Lover is doing. i have all those fears and I know I should think more rationally , but its hard. glad to hear success stories!
Unread 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and having TVH tomorrow. Today I am taking it easy while doing the liquid diet and magnesium citrate laxative. I've been doing a lot of reading to prepare myself mentally for the surgery but I still have concerns. I'm praying everything goes well for you tomorrow BearLover and all of the Hystersisters having surgery this month! As soon as I am up to it I will report back to this site with a positive report.

Best to all!

Peace7
TVH for Adenometriosis & Cervical Cancer
Unread 07-07-2008, 02:38 PM

Good luck to everyone! We will look forward to reading your posts when you are home~
Unread 07-07-2008, 04:56 PM

to you as you prepare for the . Wishing you all the best.
Unread 07-07-2008, 04:59 PM

I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow and every day until you are completely recovered.

God Bless,
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM

(((HUGS))) bear lover....I hope you have a successful surgery and problem free recovery!

Ruth
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:23 PM

Hi. I had a TAH on June 18th and was never in any bad pain. In fact, I didn't even need pain medication other than some Motrin after the first day. I would describe it more as discomfort than pain. You can do it! Be brave.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register