Does Hysterectomy Equal Enlightenment? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Hysterectomy Equal Enlightenment? Does Hysterectomy Equal Enlightenment?

Unread 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Does Hysterectomy Equal Enlightenment?

I had a TAH (kept ovaries) on June 18th. Now about three weeks later, I'm thinking about changing my college major from theatre back to my original major of English. It was only the day before yesterday that I had a passion for theater. I've also felt a renewed interest in writing nonfiction articles. Lately I've only written short plays. I also seem to have more patience. What's going on? Can I trust my decisions? I should add that I've always been wishy-washy regarding commitment to decisions, relationships, etc. Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 07:00 AM

anothershelly,
Why can't you have both? Can you have a major in English and a minor or concentration in theatre or vice versa? I'm not sure how having a TAH can cause you to change your mind. I know that going to college is an exciting time with new exoeriences and THAT can cause you to change your mind. Good luck with your decisions. It sounds great what ever you choose!!
Unread 07-08-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothershelly
What's going on? Can I trust my decisions? I should add that I've always been wishy-washy regarding commitment to decisions, relationships, etc.
It's probably the drugs. Just Kidding!

I haven't had any enlightenment but it's still early for me. If you've had pain in the past, it stands to reason that being free from the pain would make you think about possibilities you hadn't considered before!

I think you can certainly trust your decisions! For many, a hysterectomy is like beginning a new life so why not? I hope to recover and begin a strong exercise program and get myself in the shape I've wanted to be in for years. I would like to train for a marathon. No more excuses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2008, 08:06 AM

anothershelly

I think most of us feel it's the start of a "new life" in one way or another, even if it's only the freedom of being able to plan ahead and not worry about "that" time of the month anymore!

You may find it interesting to read our HS article <link> A New Phase.

Sending all good wishes!

Unread 07-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Anothershelly, I totally think you can have an enlightenment. I am the same person, but almost immediately after having my surgery, I felt an inner voice/strength, something...like a wisdom of some sort -- about myself--maybe intuition is a better word. I have felt a peace that I never had before. I am exploring interests that I never took the time to. There's a clarity about my life and I've been able to let go of past "stuff". It's hard to explain to others, but if you get it, you get it (and it sounds like you do!) I say, go for it -- whatever it is!!
Best of luck
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:09 AM

I'm waiting for enlightenment!
Unread 07-08-2008, 02:20 PM

You may want to wait a while before you make any life changing decisions. I'm not saying this decision is wrong, but you have had a major life event, and they say you shouldn't combine stressful events in your life. Do you have time before you have to decide about your major?
Unread 07-08-2008, 02:32 PM

I am a student also. I am finishing my AS in Business. I was going to continue into a BS in Business/Human Resources. But what I really want is a BS Social Science. (Think social worker, adult assistants, etc..)

I was going for Business for the easier job availablity and money. But the other is more my personality and desire.

After the hyster, I decided to do what really matters to me, and will make me happier in the long run. Not what seems more realistic and finacially sound.

So maybe the hyster does put things into better perspective.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register