Scheduled for July 14th please respond | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for July 14th please respond Scheduled for July 14th please respond

Unread 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Scheduled for July 14th please respond

Hi es of the 14th,

I don't want to exclude anyone from responding, but I thought if I could get a group image of those of you who go to the castle on the 14th too, I could think about and pray for you as I wait my turn before surg. Maybe you feel the same.

Thanks for coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Me Too!

Hello! We are in this together! I am the same age as you too! Mine is at 12:45. The one thing that is getting me through is "No more terrible periods"!!!! Of course I had to get one last one! How fair is that? hehehe Oh well, might as well go out with a bang, right? I am having LAVH, how about you? I have never had surgery or been knocked out in my life! I want my Mommy! LOL Thank God she is flying in for this. I will be thinking of you and maybe we can give each other strength?

Kathy
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Kathy,

You are too precious! Yes, I think we will be strength for each other. :dance2:

I am to have a TVH, but I am not sure it won't be more complicated than that. I suppose it depends on what they find when they are there.

My surg. is at 9 a.m. There is a c-section before me, and if she delivers early, it will be 7 a.m. which I am apprehensive about as I have to be there at 7 for the 9 so if it is at 7 I'll have to be there at 5 and it takes about an hour and a half to drive from my home. Oh, sorry, a ramble slip...

I am so sorry about you having that ugly red monster!!! But, just think, you get to banish her from your person once and for all in about FOUR days. Oh My Goodness. I just got cold shivers thinking about the number of days. Thank you for being in this with me!!

I did LOL with your "I want my mommy!"

I have had two surgeries, a c-section 20 years ago and gallbladder surgery about 5 years ago. My DH is a rancher and two weeks after the c-section I was driving the truck and helping him feed cattle. The gallbladder surgery was not as easy, but then again, I have become a teacher and I'm not as tough as I used to be.

I know there are many women that don't like being 'older', but I have come to cherish each decade as an opportunity to learn and grow. I personally love it!! How about you?

Well, give your mommy a hug for me (if you are a huggy person). My mommy is in Heaven.

Bless you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 10:36 AM
July 14th too!

:
Hello Kathy,
I guess we are all in this together. I hope to have a LAVH but dr says it depends on what she finds in there. Also unsure whether I'll be able to keep my ovaries due to endo.
I too will be 45 next month! I guess will all be walking to the castle together.
My biggest problem now is the absolute inability to sleep. My doctor gave me something to help, but it only makes me feel more tired. Being tired is not a problem. I'm not sure what I am so worried about.
I will be glad when the 14th comes and goes!

Good luck to you all!
Stacey
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:58 AM

scraplady,

I can relate to the "tired" you made me lol at your comment, "Being tired is not a problem." I am afraid that I can't be too much help with sleeping. I don't seem to have too much trouble yet. I do take two advil sometimes to sleep. I have a little trouble with jumpy nerves in my legs (I think it is due to too much diet pepsi) so two advil seem to help, but I have been reading that others were told not to take any meds during the week before surgery. My DR did not tell me that. I even told her that advil is almost like another food group for me.

Maybe a warm bath and a nice foot massage from your SO?

Good luck on the pursuit of sweet dreams!
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Hi Ladies,
Monday morning here we come. I didn't think I would be so nervous. But, I think I'm clenching my teeth at night because I have a very sore jaw. I also have been tired and a bit nauseous. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten ready so early - my house is clean, pre-op is done, recovery area is ready. Now I have nothing to do but worry. Silly me.

I wish us all a speedy recovery!

BTW - I'm not 45..."only" 43. Please don't hold that against me. LOL
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM

You guys are all going to be fine! I was so anxious prior to my TVH on June 16th that I almost cancelled it! Then God blessed me with one more period to REMIND me why I was doing this! That was all it took! I will never again worry about accidents at school (I teach high school and that can be a very embarrassing thing!), no more cramps, no more pads or tampons!!!! I have a box of each to give a way!!! Depending on what type of procedure you have, I think you will all be fine just follow your dr orders!!!! And tell them if the meds are not handling your pain in hospital!!! Don't bother taking a book to read, the meds mess up your vision!!! Take your ipod or favorite CD's. And I wish for you all the best dr and the best nurses that I certainly did have! and be prepared, you will be more tired than you have ever been in your life! I was not prepared for that! Good luck and God Bless!!!
Unread 07-10-2008, 01:31 PM

ChrisQ83,

I won't hold that against you, all in all I still feel in my head that I am 18 hahaha! I even wrote in my journal after I decided on surgery, "I can no longer say I'm just barely over 18~can I?" Seems like once you pass high school, the aging stops, at least in my head.

gottago,

Thanks for the stop-by and positive words and the hints on castle needs. Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the ~no more periods~ Glad to know you are healing well!
Unread 07-10-2008, 01:56 PM

when I turned 40 in may, my friends told me it is 39 with 1 year's experience! I so liked that one!!!! I just feel/seem younger to myself because I have a 5 and 6 yr old and all their friends' moms are younger!
Unread 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM

gottago,

HAHA! Great way to look at it!

I actually liked turning 30 then 40. Seemed to me like there was some special knowledge that came with each decade. Kind of like a great attachment on an e-mail.

There is a thread in pre-op called TVH~any stories pre or post-op. Do you have any experiences you'd like to share there? Seems like the folks who have had TVHs are recovering more quickly and that is a 'peace of mind' thing for those of us ladies in waiting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register