Scheduled for July 14th please respond - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for July 14th please respond Scheduled for July 14th please respond

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Scheduled for July 14th please respond

Hello all,
What are you doing this weekend to pass the time? My DH has to work to make up for the time off he will be taking next week. I'm trying to find something to do outside of the house, since I will be here for the next couple of weeks.

What are you doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2008, 07:24 AM

enjoy yourself and relax. We had a cookout as my Hys was the day after fathers day and I just relaxed and ate well and enjoyed my family.
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Last weekend we tubed the river. It sounds odd, but it is the most relaxing thing to do in Nebraska. The river is relatively slow moving. The tubes are the kind that you tow behind a speed boat. We brought a cooler with snacks and drinks. Each person gets a tube that are all attached together with the cooler in its own tube in the center. Then you launch, climb on and float.

It takes about 5 hours and there is NOTHING to do but talk, eat, and nap. We try to do it at least once a summer so since my surgery is Monday, this was our last chance.

Since I am a procrastinator, this weekend is for finishing the things on my list (actually rather than stressful, it brings peace of mind to have it done and busy mind not to dwell on what's coming).

Do you live close to shopping? If I did I would definitely go shopping, just for fun!!

Breathe deep, don't think about IT, and find someone to be with.

Be happy ladies, its all good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM

Hey KD,
I grew up in Papillion, Nebraska. Tubing on the Platte, nothing like it. Are you near Omaha?

I think I am going to go in to work today and tie up some loose ends. I'll hit Disneyland (DL) Sunday morning and come home early for my bowel prep. We're DL annual passholders and I love to escape there. From the happiest place on earth to an evening near the bathroom. LOL.

Hope you all enjoy.
Unread 07-12-2008, 02:49 PM

Is everyone hanging in there?
I think I am finally feeling a little more relaxed. I went in today for my labs & EKG. It was a good feeling to see where it was going to happen. I hadn't been to this hospital before.
Is anyone else drinking the GoLightly tomorrow? That will be interesting.
Take care!
Unread 07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
bonniebolander60

Wow! July 14th, I know the anxiety you are going through of all the "unknowns". I also had laperoscopic surgery and it went great. 7 hours after surgery I was walking the halls, went home next day and I had no pain or discomfort at all. If I didn't know the facts, I wouldn't have believed anything had happened. Take deep breaths, maybe loose yourself in a funny DVD and know for sure that its just not that bad for everyone, and I'm praying for a quick, pleasant recovery. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Please know, you will not be alone. when I know someone is in surgery I always like to get a brand new candle with a beautiful fragrance, I like "Sugar Cookies" and it will fill my home with that delicious aroma and everytime I see the candle flicker I will be sending my prayers up for you all day. bonniebolander60
Unread 07-12-2008, 05:34 PM

bonniebolander~You made me cry~ how sweet! Thanks for thinking of us. I will be praying for you and your recovery as I'm waiting, just like I promised to remember each one of these 7/14 ladies!! Hey, thinking of a funny DVD, although I'm sure its not on DVD yet, I went to see Wall E last night. Oh my goodness, that is soooo cute. I guarentee that you (any one of you) would laugh out loud. Yep, it is animated, but Wall E is a wonderful character. Great Story!

ChrisQ83, "Hey KD, I grew up in Papillion, Nebraska. Tubing on the Platte, nothing like it. Are you near Omaha?" ~Nope~ we live between Orchard, Page and Ewing (about 3+ hours north west of O - about 100 miles from Sioux City and 50 from South Dakota). You are right tubing, "nothing like it"!!! Although, I think a trip to DL would be pretty good too. Season ticket holders! How cool is that?
Unread 07-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Tomorrow it is!

KD,

Thank you for the welcome! I wish this was the "women over 40 who could still pull off spandex" group and I could be a member though. hehehe

I will hug my mommy for you and get one back for you too! Your mommy will be watching over you and holding your hand through this.

My surgery is not until 1:45!!! I wish it were earlier! You are right about being happy about no more terrible red monsters! the last three months I have had one every 15 days and they were bad ones! so while I am scared - I am looking forward to the after effects!

I am going to have an "Always with wings" bonfire when I recover if anyone wants to come!

Remember, right before we all "go to sleep" tomorrow, we are in this together! I will think of all of us right before I "nod off" and wake up smiling knowing that we are all "uterus and red monster" free!

I will supposed to get mine via TVH but he said it is not possible in my case as my cervix is not relaxed. (Like that one?). I talked him into LAVH instead of TAH. It may turn into that though - hope not but whatever the case, the uterus will just be a non-fond memory!!!

Yes, I too love being 45. It is a good age! I will be 46 in October. I have reunited with my very first love who I went to prom with!

Let us all take deep breaths and know that the best part is that tomorrow night we will all be done!

Big hugs from Michigan,

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaDeeJame
Kathy,

You are too precious! Yes, I think we will be strength for each other. :dance2:

I am to have a TVH, but I am not sure it won't be more complicated than that. I suppose it depends on what they find when they are there.

My surg. is at 9 a.m. There is a c-section before me, and if she delivers early, it will be 7 a.m. which I am apprehensive about as I have to be there at 7 for the 9 so if it is at 7 I'll have to be there at 5 and it takes about an hour and a half to drive from my home. Oh, sorry, a ramble slip...

I am so sorry about you having that ugly red monster!!! But, just think, you get to banish her from your person once and for all in about FOUR days. Oh My Goodness. I just got cold shivers thinking about the number of days. Thank you for being in this with me!!

I did LOL with your "I want my mommy!"

I have had two surgeries, a c-section 20 years ago and gallbladder surgery about 5 years ago. My DH is a rancher and two weeks after the c-section I was driving the truck and helping him feed cattle. The gallbladder surgery was not as easy, but then again, I have become a teacher and I'm not as tough as I used to be.

I know there are many women that don't like being 'older', but I have come to cherish each decade as an opportunity to learn and grow. I personally love it!! How about you?

Well, give your mommy a hug for me (if you are a huggy person). My mommy is in Heaven.

Bless you!
Unread 07-13-2008, 07:40 AM
tonight's agenda

Hello Scraplady!

I am trying to hang in there! No GoLightly for me - I get to do an enema! Should be interesting, I've never done one before. LOL I guess I know what we all will be doing later tonight! Pass the air freshener please! hehehe

They are doing my labs when I get there. Surgery is at 1:45 and I have to be there at 12:30. They said mine would take around 2 1/2 hours.

I am going out with a bang! Not only did I get a period, but dr called to say I had a bacterial infection that needed to be treated with cream for 5 nights! He said its nothing to worry about. Most women get this and it's no big deal. Just makes me glad that this is going to happen!

Okay, we are all holding hands tomorrow, right?

I look forward to coming back on here to hear how everyone is doing.

Good luck and talk to you in a couple days!

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraplady
Is everyone hanging in there?
I think I am finally feeling a little more relaxed. I went in today for my labs & EKG. It was a good feeling to see where it was going to happen. I hadn't been to this hospital before.
Is anyone else drinking the GoLightly tomorrow? That will be interesting.
Take care!
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:47 AM

Kathy,

Not only are we the same day (7/14), same age (I'll be 46 in November), but we are connected with Michigan! Where are you living? That is my home state. That is just so cool.

I am so sorry about all the female trouble going on for you. Maybe it is just what you needed to not change your mind?

Yep, we're holding hands!! [root beer ]

Kami

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register