Loss of appitite-rapid weight loss - post op 10 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loss of appitite-rapid weight loss - post op 10 days Loss of appitite-rapid weight loss - post op 10 days

Unread 07-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Loss of appitite-rapid weight loss - pre op 10 days

I have not been able to eat for the past five days. The sight of fod nauseates me. Lost 15 pounds and seriously concerned. My doctor is not so sure what is going on and due to the unexpected discoloration of my entire abdomen, she has put me on an antibiotics - Levaquin-500 mg. I have the "smiling face" incision and that area is neither black nor blue. Staples have been removed. Has anyone experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Loss of appitite-rapid weight loss - post op 10 days

(((Lagoon))), I'm sorry that you're having this trouble in your recovery. I don't have any personal experience to share with this but if anyone does, they will be along to reply.

I hope the antibiotics help you feel better soon.

I'm sending gentle s!
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:02 AM

I have not experienced this but I am glad that your doctor has been in contact and trying to resolve the situation. Are you on any anti nausea medicine? What did you have surgery for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2008, 09:06 AM

I've lost about the same amount, I'm excited because I'm a fluffy woman, I have no appettite, I pick at food about once a day. I have't seen the dr I had my surg June 30th. I see him July 21st, I was thinking the weight loss was water weight and my giving up soda and not eating much. I'm leaking from my breasts and sweating a lot and chalked it up to hormones and luck, but I have weight to lose so I'm happy. I've lost almost 20 since the week of my surgery. Maybe I should be concerned I've just been happy.

I hope you feel better...
Sharon
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM

My question is if you have lost weight do your clothes fit better or does the swelly belly offset that? I don't know if I have lost weight or not but I am definetly eating less...and yet none of my clothes fit. Maybe I can convince myself that I have lost weight and it is all swelly belly...any hope?
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM

Lagoon-so sorry to hear you are not feeling well . I didn't really lose my appetite but definitely didn't eat as much when I got home. I did make sure I ate a little 3 x a day. It sounds as if your doctor is trying to help. Maybe just try a few crackers or a slice of dry toast once in a while. Sometimes if you have something light and don't over do it , you start to feel better. I hope you feel better soon and your recovery is then uneventful.
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:01 AM

I have lost 18 pounds since my surgery. I am eating, just not as much I have no appetite(I was suffering from nausea so I had to take Zofran). My shorts do not fit due to swelly belly(had to get a few new ones). My face on the other hand has thinned out. My doctor is not concerned about the weight loss other than my body is having a hard time making red blood cells.
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:51 AM

I suffered from nausea and no appetite for about 2 weeks post op. I had to take Phenergan at least 2-3 x week it was so bad. Hang in there as I am 5 weeks post op now and I am not having any more problems - in fact, now all I do is think about what I can eat next unfortunately!
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM

Hi there,

I am so very sorry to hear that you are not feeling well...I can relate somewhat, as I am about 16 days post-op and have lost about 12 lbs now, but not so rapidly--complete loss of appetite since surgery...I am just starting to get a tiny bit of it back, but even the smallest amount of food makes me feel very full/bloated/somewhat painful. Have also had bouts of nausea and some vomiting--take Compazine as needed for that.

When I talked to my doc about this last week, he advised that I try Ensure Plus or Carnation breakfast drinks, to at least get some nutrition going...and, as others have suggested, crackers, toast and gingerale are good too. Whie I was in the hosp. these past few days for a fever/infection, that is what I stuck to, even though I was allowed a regular diet--I drink Ensure about three times a day.

Please let us know how you are doing--I am very concerned about you. I wish you the very best for a speedy recovery--please take care.

Sincerely, Trish
Unread 07-10-2008, 04:17 PM

Hi,

I have also suffered from no appetite, nausea and weight loss. I'm a very small,petite, women to begin with. I weighed 100 pounds before my surgery, and I lost 15 pounds after(yikes). My doctor told me to drink ensure as the above post has aready stated......This has been a real issue for me. I still struggle with my appetite being poor from this surgery. I usually have a very good appetite, so I not used to not being hungery.

Take care,

lala

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register