How do you find passion? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you find passion? How do you find passion?

Unread 07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
How do you find passion?

I am trying to find passion in my life right now and trying to feel grateful for what I have in my life but it's hard at the moment as I have been feeling sad and nothing excites me. I am just going through the motions of life right now with the hope that I will start feeling better soon.

For the last 8 or 9 years, I have been fighting a battle with my doctors to figure out what was causing my pelvic pain. I had a TAH BSO on May 9 and learned that I had endometrosis between my bladder and uterus, endometrosis within my ovaries, fibroids, addenomyosis and cervicitis. (Within the last four years, I also had a surgery to remove an endometroma on my ovary, surgery to remove a polyp inside my bladder, an aspirated biopsy due to a lump in my breast, numerous in-office procedures due to dysplasia on my cervix and the lining of my uterus, and removal of skin cancer on my face.) I thank God that everything has turned out okay but feel ungrateful because I'm not enjoying the gift of life God has given me. I just had the realization that my life circumstances were such that it was never meant for me to have kids and I know that is part of the sadness I'm experiencing. Also, as silly and self-defeating as it sounds, I used a lot of my energy the last 4 years in fighting my medical issues and now that the battles are over hopefully for a very long time I feel at a loss as to what to do. I'm trying to think of positive things to put my energy into but it's hard to do when nothing excites me.
I know I will get through this and probably even grow as a person, I just don't like what I feel right now.

How do you find passion in your life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2008, 01:04 AM
How do you find passion?

Sometimes it is not passion that you are searching for, it's the deeply rooted desire to connect with God. I too have had moments in life like these and what I have come to realize is that these moments surface when my spirit is thirsty. Sometimes we are spiritually bankrupt and not even realize it because often we have so much stuff clouding our way and judgement. Take some quiet time and spend it in nature, walking and talking with God. There is such great peace and serenity found. Shut out all of life's commotion, empty yourself and allow God to fill you....then and only then will you find your passion. Have you ever wateched the movie Peaceful Warrior? If not, it's worth watching.
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:12 AM
How do you find passion?

Thank you faithandfreedom for your response.
I've been so focused on trying to find a passion so that I would not feel like I'm wasting the precious life God has given me (I feel so lucky to have felt God's love and patience working in my life and as a result, I do not want to disappoint God or waste my gift of life) that I forgot to pay attention and enjoy the little things. You reminded me that I feel the closest to God when I just stop and listen, something I need to keep practicing.

I have ordered Peaceful Warrior through NetsFlix and look forward to watching it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 02:26 AM
bonniebolander60

Where's the passion in life? Boy can I relate, and I'm ashamed of it, too. I'm a born-again Christian so I KNOW that God loves me completely. I'm married to the most wonderful, doting man I met when I was 16 years old. Have 2 awesome daughters who (Praise, God) married 2 wonderful men who are just right for each of my girls. I have 3 of the sweetest, most tender loving grandchildren. We're very comfortable middle-class, and I can't think of anything I want that I'm not able to have. In fact, as a gift my husband gave me what I''ve been longing for - - Complete Cosmetic Surgery from my forehead all the way down my thighs and everything else in between (brow lift, upper and lower lids, cheeks sucked, "turkey neck" tight and youthful, breast lift (now I'm up there and perky), then from right under my breasts all the way down to my pelvic area I had the most unbelievable abdominal and tummy tuck. It's like he laced me up like a corset and now my tummy is flat and pretty (my hyst. was through my belly button so it didn't mess anything up), and lipo on my thighs and hips. Sure, that made me really happy. I'm rather petite and have a lot of fun with clothes. Many strangers think I'm the age of my daughter. Now what's wrong with me? I've always been a stay at home mom, so I don't have any career interests; my husband has come up with a list of probably 200 things I could do for a hobby or simply for my own personal pleasure. Nothing interests me in the least. I feel like I'm a "non-person", empty, "nobody home", a shell. I'm so negative. Well, so I tried a series of things, because I know if I get over myself and reach out to help others that's where true happiness lies. Still empty. I take anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication (I have big time social anxiety), so that makes me not want to do anything. So here I am, having a "perfect" life, and nothing moves me. I hope I haven't nauseated you all too much, I make myself sick!!!! I'm stuck in zombie-land. Go ahead and tell me off!(Oh, and on top of all that I had "the works" removed through my belly button, came through it with little or no discomfort even worth mentioning!bonniebolander
Unread 07-14-2008, 03:08 AM
How do you find passion?

lilred 1

I to am childless and a born again Christian, I think that this Psalm if for the barren women to let us know GOD is thinking of us and know we are in HIS thoughts and actions...

Psalm 113
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise, O servants of the LORD,
Praise the name of the LORD!
2 Blessed be the name of the LORD
From this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its going down
The LORD’S name is to be praised.
4 The LORD is high above all nations,
His glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like the LORD our God,
Who dwells on high,
6 Who humbles Himself to behold
The things that are in the heavens and in the earth?
7 He raises the poor out of the dust,
And lifts the needy out of the ash heap,
8 That He may seat him with princes—
With the princes of His people.
9 He grants the barren woman a home,
Like a joyful mother of children.
Praise the LORD!

We will have a place in heaven!
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:35 AM
How do you find passion?

Hi, lilred.

I'm sorry you are feeling low. Sometimes grief takes us into paths of sorrow that seem as if they will never end, that the sun just won't come our way again. It sounds to me, from your message, as if you are struggling with grief. When we have hysts, we have to face the idea of losing our old selves, whether we wanted to do so, or not. And the idea of finding a new self, when one is hurting so, well, it's hard.

What helped bring me out of my grief was attempting to connect with childhood moments in which I felt total joy, without even knowing what joy was. These were outdoors moments, by a lakeside, where I could just lie around, listening to the birds and the water lapping up against the dock and boats. I can almost see the water and hear the birds and the water lapping against the shoreside, if I let myself go long enough.

And more recently, in an effort to re-create that feeling of happiness, I just make sure I get a walk in by the creek near my home when I'm feeling low. The sound of the water is relaxing to me. It's a different sound, but it comes close to the sounds of my youth.

For the emotion of passion, which you explicitly were asking about, I turn to planting my little garden and watching things grow, to my geriatric doggie, and to my books. Each area, the planting, reading, and petting the dog, gives me a feeling that I belong to the world and have things to offer and have joy yet to experience.

I hope you are finding yourself in a better place today. Life is good. It's very short. And it's good.
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:11 AM
How do you find passion?

Lilred1,

I am sorry that you've had to go through so much. Thank goodness that everything has gone through ok. I would suggest maybe volunteering and community services. Also, maybe try to do some excersise: walking or yoga can boost you positive energy. Have you tried talking to your doctor? Maybe he/she can recommend a therapist that you can simply talk. Always remember that life is precious and there is a plan for you out there. Everyone goes through a low part in their life, but there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you the best and remember that we are here to help.
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
How do you find passion?

I understand how you feel about the passion and feeling like an empty shell. I have been walking around like a zombie just trying to get through the day. My DH bought me tix to the James Taylor concert last night and the whole time I was there I was wishing I could go home and just listen to him on the stereo. I try to get out and enjoy the things that I used to like but I am just faking it. I know it takes time but I get so discouraged and frustrated. I want to get back into the swing of things and truly enjoy life but it is not happening. I am glad that we have this forum to express our feelings - at least I don't feel so alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register