Help...leg cramps after oopherectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help...leg cramps after oopherectomy Help...leg cramps after oopherectomy

Unread 07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Help...leg cramps after oopherectomy

Hi all,

Well I had "hysterectomy, the sequel" 3 1/2 weeks ago. The uteris went 5 years ago, and this time the ovaries had to come out. The doc was able to do it via laparascopy.

Anyway, I felt GREAT at week 3. Premarin was working great for me and everything. The doc said I could do whatever I wanted activity-wise as long as I felt ok. So I did. And guess what? This week, I took a huge plummet downhill...all the pain came back, plus more. I went looking at townhomes to buy with my realtor the week before and we viewed about 15 properties total. Now I realize I over-did it, but I feel like total crap. O:

My biggest concern right now is I've been having horrific leg cramps in random places all over my legs for the past 5 days along with leg and arm weakness. It feels like I have weights tied to my arms and legs. Also lots of stomach pain. I called my doc's nurse yesterday and she said it sounds like I over-did it, that I need to rest with a heating pad. So I am, but I'm scared because I read that blood clots and leg pain can be a side effect of Premarin.

Has anyone else experienced this before? My surgery follow up is this coming Thurs. and I'll be talking to my doctor then. I was surprised the nurse wasn't concered, its scary to me.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 10:54 AM

Jeannie,
You are still very early post op, sounds to me like you may have overdone it. As for the leg cramps, I think you should give your doctor a call. It is best to have the doctor check out any new symptoms. When I say call the doctor, I mean talk with the doctor, not his nurse.
Unread 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM

Check with your doctor to rule out anything serious, but your leg cramps may be cause by low potassium, perhaps you could have some bloodwork down to check for low nutrient levels.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register