Cant Stand My Husband Now, What Is Going On?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cant Stand My Husband Now, What Is Going On?? Cant Stand My Husband Now, What Is Going On??

Unread 07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Cant Stand My Husband Now, What Is Going On??

I was told a month ago that I needed a hysterectomy. I was since put on Syranel, which does the exact same thing as lupron. Which means that it puts my body through a chemical induced menopausal state, I am also taking progestin as an add back therapy. Anyway, ever since I have been on this medication I notice more and more side effects, but I am not sure if this is one because of the meds, or the situation. Me and my husband will be married six years this month. We have had some problems, but nothing MAJOR. Just the usual arguing. He is eleven years older then me, and lets face it, he bores me to tears. But ever since I have been on this medication, he simply just disgust me. I dont want him around me, touching me, looking at me, breathing on me. Honestly if he never came home, I wouldnt care, expect I would miss the paycheck. I have felt like this before but only when I have had a reason to be angry at him, I have no reason now. We had sex a few weeks ago, and honestly I almost threw up after wards. I was so sick to my stomach. I enjoyed it while it was happenning but when it was over, I was SICK! Everyone tells me how good looking he is, how lucky I am ( I get to stay at home with the kids), and I just dont see it. He has always been very non affectionate, and I am completely the opposite, so I guess now I am the one pushing him away because I feel that he doesnt really love me, that he is just in it for the kids. I dont know what to do but I feel like I want to get a divorce. I just dont want to be irrational about this since, we have two small kids, and I dont know if this is just my hormones being thrown out of whack or what. I really dont want to ruin my life over some medication, but I really cant help but feel sick about him. He totally supports me and the kids so I dont know what I would do if we did get a divorce. I have to be on this medication till my surgery in September, what if it gets worse after my surgery?!?!?!Oh boy, any advice would be helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 08:43 PM

I am sorry you are going thru something like this but I really think that the first thing you ought to do is have a serious talk with your doctor to see if how you are feeling has something to do with a side effect of a medicine you are taking...a long time ago, my doctor put me on some medication that almost tore my marriage apart, thank God I became aware of it and talked to my doctor and it was the pills I was taking making my hormones all crazy

about your marriage and how you feel towards your husband, I will pray for you, your husband and your marriage, for God to put love in your heart for your husband, for you to fall in love all over again with him, that when you look at him, you will look at him with loving eyes, to protect and sorround your marriage with love....dont loose hope and have faith, and dont make any hasty decisions, and remember, one unkind word can give great pain to a person, stay calm and think of your children and please, talk to your doctor asap....prayers are being sent to you, and your family....hugs....
Unread 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Take a step back

Wait a minute. Don't do anything rash! You may not be aware of this, but hormone therapy (including hormone supression drugs) can REALLY mess with your head and your perception. If you absolutely must continue to take the drugs up until your hysterectomy you must simply wait it out. If you can stop taking it you may want to talk to your doctor about doing so. However, once the drugs are out of your systerm you may find that your whole mindset changes and you may more closely resemble the person you were before the drugs. obviously , problems you have had with your spouse before you started taking the medicine may not go away, but you are decribing a huge magnification of negative feelings that have come on since you started on your medicine. Although in your current state "under the influence" it may be hard for you to see this, it is likely that your strong "disgust" will go away once you're no longer under the influence of those (very powerful) drugs. It's also possible it has induced a kind of depressive sydrome in you. please talk to your doctor! Your sisters here care about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Do not do anything drastic. Your hormones are totally out of whack right now. Talk to your doc about the meds. Also it's perfectly normal to have periods were you don't want to be touched especially during menopause. I had a little of that when I was on lupron but not as bad as you. Talk to your doctor right away. Good luck
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Thank you guys for all your words of advice! I am thinking it is my hormones and all. I have to stay on the meds, because I my endo is so bad, my doc is afraid he wont get it all out if I dont stay on them. I am trying to tuff it out. I hope it does get better. I spend most of my day praying to god to bring me my sanity back. I know I have a great husband, who cares for me and the kids. He is out working overtime today, just so I can stay home and raise our kids. Hopefully everything will be better once I am on the other side.
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Dear Jesus, please be with this Sister during this difficult time. I pray that You would be her joy and that all of the negative effects of her medication/s would be wiped out from her mind, heart, and spirit. Restore her, refresh her, revive her. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloatfish
Dear Jesus, please be with this Sister during this difficult time. I pray that You would be her joy and that all of the negative effects of her medication/s would be wiped out from her mind, heart, and spirit. Restore her, refresh her, revive her. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Your prayer brought me to tears. Thank you so much! I was really starting to feel isolated, till I read that. Thank you
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:59 AM

leekelhank ,
I'm glad you talked to your DR and are aware it's probably hormonal. Now you may want to have a seriouse talk with your husband about how awful you are feeling. There's no reson to suffer until you're off your medications. You may even want to talk to friends, your pastor or preist or even a therapist. They may be able to help you through your feelings and perhaps you and your hubby can grow closer. Wishing tou patience and wisdom!
Unread 07-15-2008, 12:23 AM

Hi Leeklehank, You are definitely not alone. You've got your Sisters here for you. And you've got the Lord beside you. I think it was very brave of you to express yourself in this safe environment. I'm sure it was hard to do and prayerfully it was therapeutic. May God continue to be the lifter of your head. God bless you and your loved ones.
Unread 07-15-2008, 12:30 AM

One thing that you might want to do is think back to when you first met your husband and fell in love, think back to all the wonderful things that attracted you to him and are still there now, the flow of memories will help boost you up and actually can cause a chemical reaction ~ soft smiles ~ you are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register