Released by the surgeon @ 3 weeks post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Released by the surgeon @ 3 weeks post-op? Released by the surgeon @ 3 weeks post-op?

Unread 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Released by the surgeon @ 3 weeks post-op?

I saw my surgeon for a post-op visit today, and all went well. She told me that I am healing extremely well and that she is happy with my progress. Pathology report came back clean, and I can go back to work (part-time) week of 8/11. DH and I could not be more pleased.

At the end of the visit I asked when I should come back for another follow up, and she told me that she did not need to see me again unless I experienced a complication or had a concern. She was extremely nice and told me not to hesitate to call her office any time. But, then she explained that her work as a surgeon was done and thankfully, she would not need to see me as an oncology patient. Basically, I was released back to my regular gynecologist who referred me to her in the first place.

Is this normal, or was I released too soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM

I'm glad everything went well.
I don't go see my Dr. till next week so I don't know what's normal.
Just wanted to express my happiness for you.
ang
Unread 07-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Thanks uchinanchu- I don't want to seem ungrateful for the good news, but I sort of feel adrift now. I was not expecting to be released so soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM

My sister who had a TAH was released at 2-1/2 weeks. I was released at 2 weeks with a laproscopic.
Unread 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Two weeks for me after LSH/BSO. So, I guess it's not "abnormal". Of course, I was told to keep in touch -- call with questions, etc. I have emailed my doc several times and he has always responded
Unread 07-14-2008, 06:22 PM

I was released at 3 weeks which I thought was too early because I was still having some problems. My surgeon did not seem to want to deal with any questions after the surgery. I did set up a check up at 6 weeks with my regular GYN just to make sure things were progressing as they should be.
Unread 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM

I was released from the surgeon at my 4 week post op visit. I will be going to see a gyn that is closer to me to follow up with my depo shots for the next 4 months.
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Zoeyjoey, did she tell you what kind of followup exams you'd need? I go to my gyn/onc on Friday for my 4 week followup exam. I have so many questions for her: when do I have followup exams, what kind, who does them, how often, etc.
Unread 07-15-2008, 02:04 PM

Thanks for all the input - you guys are the best.

Peaceful Storm,
She told me to follow up with my regular gynecologist (who referred me to her) for my annual exams. Once I got home it seemed like an awful lot of time would pass between now and my next annual visit. But, since the surgeon was really clear about telling me to call with any questions or issues, perhaps if I don't have a problem I am good to go until then. I think I am going to call my regular gynecologist's office to see if I should schedule some sort of exam with him soon.
Unread 07-15-2008, 02:09 PM

That seems early. My GYN was my surgeon. She saw me at two weeks just to answer quesions, tell me about the surgery and look at my incision. They were disappearing stitches.

I go in to see her for my six week appt tomorrow. I have lots more questions for her.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register