stomach pain increasing since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stomach pain increasing since surgery stomach pain increasing since surgery

Unread 07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
stomach pain increasing since surgery

I was wandering if anyone has experience more stomach pain after 2-3 weeks from surgery. I hurt more than i did after surgery. It seems to hurt more when i eat or drink anything and i have began to swell uncomfortably. I don't really know much about what to expect. I had a complete hysterectomy and the doctor tacked my bladder and put it in a sling. I hope that someone has a idea if this is normal it's beginning to make me irritable. I thought it might just be gas and i bought gas x, but it hasn't helped. Noone that i know that has had a hysterectomy is sure because they didn't have it vaginal like i did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2008, 01:58 AM

Hi there,

You might want to check with your doctor just to be on the safe side. I know this surgery can make you very uncomfortable, but if your hurting more now than right after your surgery, your dr. should be aware of this.

Take care

lala
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:20 AM

notsure1,
I know this is a personal question, but are you having bowel movements? If not, besides gas-X you may want to start taking a stool softener. If things aren't moving like they should drink lots of water, walk often and eat those fruits and veggies. Prunes work wonders too! If you think the pain and bloating is MORE than gas by all means call you DR. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2008, 09:59 AM

Hope your pain has disappeared. I had the Da Vinci hyserectomy three weeks ago and have no pain, actually never had pain, except in hospital from the gas they use to expand the abdominal cavity. No nausea, used the sea sick "patch".. I am now on the Budwig diet to prevent any cancer reoccurance and it diffinetely works wonder on your bowels, twice a day.
Regards, Athena10
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:12 AM

I had a LSH, I am 16 days out. I am in more pain now then I was before. But I think i am also doing more, although not breaking the restrictions. Riding in a vehicle, bending down to pick something up, headaches, overall aches...all cause the pain. My pain is also not the incisions, but inside. (I don't think there is anything inside, so i am not sure exactly what hurts.) I also can not handle ANY pressure or anything touching near my belly button. Before it didn't bother me. But I also have notice a significant increase in menopausal symptoms. (hot flashes very frequent, headaches, weeping...)
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM

Sue,
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. It just doesn't sound right to me. I really think you need to talk to your doctor because s/he is the only one that can tell you if you SHOULD be having all that pain.
As i said I had the Da Vinci hysterectomy and have no pain, no sensitivity. I am 69 years old , so I was way past menopause. How old are you?
One last thought, if the pain is inside I would say they left something or they have really disturbed some organ. Are your bowels and bladder working OK?
Don't hesitate to visit your doctor soon.
Regards, Athena10
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM

Hi, not sure what type of stomach pain you are experiencing. I know for me, I had the Davinci robot surgery, no pain after surgery, other than getting in and out of bed, but my bowels were definitely not themselves for almost 2 months. I had swelly belly for 8 weeks and my stomach would cramp alot before each bowel movement. I was able to go regularly but the build-up to it was very painful for awhile. I would check with doc and describe exactly what you feel...hopefully it is just a normal part of your recovery.
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:28 PM

I had the Da Vinci 3 weeks ago and have had no problems, no pain, no swelling. There was terrible pain from the trapped gas inside the abdominal cavity,(not in the intestines, so gas x would not have helped), but once I got passes that I was really fine. I am 69 yrs old. I will say that I am really AWARE of all bowel and bladder movements, but not really pain. I have been on the Budwig Diet, (flax oil and cottage cheese), and I take a probiotic every morning and I belive these things have really helped me.
Athena10
Unread 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Thanks everyone for trying to help me figure things out and for your concerns. I don't have any problems with the bowels but i don't pass gas so easy; Someone ask how old i am i'm 38. I hope it's just from doing things around the house like dishes, and light things. probably over doing things a little i guess. With GOD's help we'll all be fine i'm sure. Thanks for being here for me and GOD BLESS you all. I hope the best recovery for everyone.
Thank you all,
Rita
Unread 07-16-2008, 04:07 PM

My name is Tonya and I had a tvh on 6/17 and I to still have pain especially bladder pain and swelling up to the point of looking pregnant. I do not know what is normal and what is not but bladder problems is one thing I didn't have before the hysterectomy so I think maybe we just need to give our bodies more time, now if I can just take my own advice.
Hope you feel better soon. God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register