People say the darndest things! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

People say the darndest things! People say the darndest things!

Unread 07-16-2008, 08:08 PM
People say the darndest things!

Don't you just love it when someone tells u you need to lose weight? As if we're so stupid we don't know it already...jeez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2008, 08:48 PM

I too think a nurse would know there is no cavity. Odd. Registered nurse? Was she just joking? People can be so strange.
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM

Yep...registered nurse, crazy huh? We all went through the same anatomy classes, maybe she missed that day! You don't ask someone when they have their appendix removed if it feels empty on the right side. It is just something that I never even though of & to be asked twice by other healthcare providers is a little unnerving & sadly NO they were not joking!

There were people like that who I went through school with, who had NO business being in the healthcare field & as a Paramedic always wanted to know what jusisdiction they would be working in so that I could avoid accidents there at any cost!

Lots of empty brain cavities out there, scary!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2008, 10:26 PM

Ha, guess so! My bladder sure took up that "empty space" and is thrilled about it! I am sure there are some happy intestine etc too.
Unread 07-17-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulahbird
As some of you know I went back to work on Monday. I had 2 women coworkers ask me if it felt like I had a big empty hole in my abdominal cavity.

OMG! I can't believe a coworker would be that insensitive!! You handled that MUCH better than I would have. If someone asked me if it felt like I had a big empty hole in my abdominal cavity, I'd be like,

"Yeah, and once every hour or so it fills up with gas. So if I were you, I'd take your hand away if you know what's good for ya!"
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM

I had to stop by work the other day to drop some things off and one of the girls I work with walked over to me in the breakroom and lifted up my shirt and said"Girl I just wanted to see your tummy! I don't see any cut?!" To which I replied "I have a bikini line incision...you can't see it from there!" She then asked if she could!!! I just laughed and walked away!! I have known her for 20 years or more and all the ladies I work with are like family, but there are some limits to even what family can see!!!

Have a great day Sisters!!!

Hugs
Vickie
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM

I am stunned by some of the comments -- and by health care professionals at that!!

My contribution is from my sister-in-law, who said she knew what my recovery would be like, because SHE took care of Brandi (who is a Golden Retriever!!) after Brandi was snorfleed.

I laughed and said, "Well, I'm not having my hysterectomy done by a vet, so I think the recovery will be different".

Yes, I know Brandi is her "baby", but good grief! To compare a TAH-BSO to her dog's being snorfleed??!!
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM

OMG that is hilarious!!
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Snorfled? What's that about? Is "[email protected]" a not allowed word??
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Don't know...never heard of the word "snorfled" before....could it be a Southern thing and we yankees don't know about it??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register