Camping at week 9? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Camping at week 9? Camping at week 9?

Unread 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Camping at week 9?

I am at week 9 and still feel tight and sore (ish) and sometimes get little sharp pains up the middle...is this normal at my stage? I had TAH and i forget the word they used for it...but my uterus was attached to the ab wall...

We had planned to go tenting this weekend...im feeling a bit hesitant...would you do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Camping at week 9?

Well, if you are hesitant, DON'T go. Your body and mind are telling you something IMO.

I personally wouldn't go since I still have pain from time to time, no medical facilities around, and I tend to have a few "accidents" when we go camping. Be it falling down cuz I'm a clutz, or not being much of a camper and when setting the tent up hurting myself by bashing myself in the face with the poles LOL.

If you have any doubt about going, don't go. But if you think you can handle it, then go. But before doing so, check the area and see how close a medical facility is JUST in case. K?

Jess
Unread 07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Camping at week 9?

is pain normal at 9 weeks?
i hate that i never know what i should and should not do...and if i am overdoing it...am I bringing on the pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Camping at week 9?

I am six weeks post op today Lucy. I still have pain now and then, although it doesn't warrant anything but OTC meds. Yesterday was awful. Just tons of pain that Aleve or Tylenol wouldn't even no touch, and no good stuff left LOL! So I used my swelly belly band and a package of frozen peas and it helped a GREAT deal.

I think pain can be normal, even at 9 weeks post-op. We all heal differently, and we might think we are doing something that isn't overdoing it, but feel it the next day.

I have read others' posts here who are still having pain as far out as you. But, if it causes you concern, you want to see your doctor. And you might want to talk to him/her regardless about camping with your pain.

The last thing you want to happen is fall down, twist an ankle, or have any other camping mishaps that might make you feel worse.

I wish I had a better answer for ya girl!

Let us know what you decide.

Jess XOXO
Unread 07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Camping at week 9?

(sigh) we just came back from camping 3 days early and for me....it was too early ( im back on pain meds (sigh)
Unread 07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Camping at week 9?

Can you just wait a while until you feel you are ready? Packing, carrying bags, etc. It is not easy. I would wait unless it is a hotel room ha. If you do it, be VERY careful, don't lift anything heavy or hike a hard trail etc.
Unread 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Camping at week 9?

Wow I am only at 7 weeks but I don't think it sounds fun to sleep on the ground. Perhaps with a good air matress and everyone else doing the hauling. We went to a cottage at 6 weeks I had a TAH/BSO I did not carry anything heavier than my book, towel, and pillow. My family was great. I enjoyed sitting by the lake even though the DR said not to go in. I was a good girl but at the end of the day I had a nice bed and shower. Don't do what you think others (especially family) think you should do. Chances are they have no idea. Do what your body says. I spent 6 days parking cars for the fair this past weekend. I was really worried I may have overdone. I had more problems from vacuuming my house days before. ( I was cleared for both by my DR) He said I would not hurt myself but I might have more discomfort.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register