Guess I should have come here first... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Guess I should have come here first... Guess I should have come here first...

Unread 08-04-2001, 11:26 AM
Guess I should have come here first...

Hi All!
This is kind of long and I am sorry, but if I don't tell someone my story I think I'll go nuts!
Last Jan. I had an ASCUS pap. Then in March dr. did a colposcopy biopsy. The results came back low grade sil, no displasia, and HPV (good ol' wart virus!). Dr. wanted to do a leep and a d&c. But when I asked if this meant that I have the wart virus on my cervix, he said he didn't know! Anyway, I went in search of a second opinion. Finally got one the end of June. The new dr. said that if my leep came up with bad cells that she would just recommend a hyst. - especially due to my age (40) and the fact that I am done giving birth. She said all this based on the results of my previous lab work and no examination. I switched to this dr. because she was so informative and started researching my lab results on my own. THEN I find out that new dr. may have botched a recent hyst. so off I go again in search of...
Now, I am fighting (changed providers) with new hmo to get my referral in less than 2 weeks. I am increasingly anxious as no one has examined me since March. I have a bad smell a lot of times down below and once in awhile a clear discharge that burns like crazy. Now am getting crampy and sore and frankly even nookie is painful enough to shy away from it. Did any of this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I feel as though I must be imagining things! Could this have already turned to cancer because it's gone untreated so long? Frankly, I just want it out!
What do you think- am I nuts yet?
Thanks for reading.
-Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2001, 02:29 PM

Hi Pammy, gee I am sorry that you are having all this trouble. I can't really suggest anything as I live in a different country and not sure how it all works over there. But is there anyway you can have a checkup/pap just to put your mind at rest until it is all sorted out? Just sending you lots of love and support. Please let us know how you go. x x x
Unread 08-04-2001, 03:24 PM

Ah, {{{{Pammy}}}}

How scary. Do you have a regular doc? They can do a Pap. I think you did do the right thing to move on from that doc though. The biggest difference in a successful surgery and avoiding adhesions is the skill of your surgeon (a recent study said so). You want the best. Usually, cervical cancer doesn't move that fast. HPV is a cause of cervical cancer though so you do want to pursue a doc.

I'm thinking it's more likely an infection but someone else will be more expert than I am in both.

Just know that we are here for you. We know how scary it is and what your mind does to you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2001, 04:37 PM

I was always under the impression that a bad odor meant an infection too. I had cervical cancer and never experienced a bad odor, but it could be due to different stages or body chemistry. I do agree that cervical cancer is not a quick grower, but I would also advise you to get the attention that you need quickly. Any gyn could do a pap for you, and atleast that would give you a newer test to consider. I do understand how you want the best of care, we all do, but I would urge you to contact the ins company and see if they have a list of nearby doctors with high recommendations. Best of luck to you!
Unread 08-04-2001, 05:07 PM

Thank you for your replys! I do have another dr. appt. next Weds. and I am going to tell him everything! I am sure he will do another exam then - that is IF I can get the referral dept. off their hineys before then! I am going to call Monday and make sure they have my referral request approved or almost approved. If not, the ins. co. is very aware of my situation and is working with me the best they can. I KNOW they can get things rolling! Just had to wait until after 8/1 to do much. (In fact, the ins. co. is already prepared to pay for the surgery. Just waiting for the request from the hmo and my dr.!) I just keep running into referral dept. fools who have no sense of urgency at all! Of course, then my mood changes and I just want to have a pity party, cry and not have to fight. I know, such is life.... But thanks for listening! It makes me feel a little less alone in this one!
Warmly,
Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register