How are you going to reward yourself? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you going to reward yourself? How are you going to reward yourself?

Unread 07-20-2008, 10:19 AM
How are you going to reward yourself?

I know many of us are well on the way to recovery and some are about to enter it. Some are already done.

Name some ways you plan to treat yourself after you are feeling better.

These are mine...so far...

A day at the spa for a massage, facial and pedicure
Throw out the old and BUY ALL NEW SPOTLESS PANTIES!!!!
Go to nice B&B with DH when we get the all clear

Everyone needs to be treated to something nice.

6/24/08 LAVH adenomyosis
age 38
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 10:22 AM

I am the Queen of rewards, ha! I pampared myself before my TAH with lots of new pretty nightgowns, robe, comfy pink slippers, pretty tummy pillow, etc.

AFTER my surgery, I bought CLOTHES, gorgeous white pants, tops... Also, I collect a line of jewerly called James Avery and I ordered a pretty necklace that is retired now, no longer made.
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM

I bought some new nice fancy panties from VS along with a cozy robe. I also bought a bunch of cute babydoll tops on clearance which were great for hiding the swelly belly the first couple weeks post-op and are so comfy even now!

I am also looking for a new job that is not as stressful. I will have to take a paycut I'm sure, but after going back far too soon and setting myself back in the healing process, I was able to see just how stressful the job is and if my supervisor can be so mean to me with loading me with "extra" work upon my return (she's always been mean!) after surgery, then it's not the place for me even though I have been there for SO long. I just can't handle the stress anymore.

Great thread BTW!!

Hugs,
Jess
XOXO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM

I've been thinking about the spa thing - I'm past due on a facial and would love a pedicure - my feet have gotten so dry! I've also broke my habit of biting my nails, so a manicure may be good too.

I'm feeling great from my hyst - now I'm recovering from having carpel tunnel release on both hands. I had it done Friday, and today my hands are so sore and my palms and wrists are blue with bruising. This has been more aggravating and discouraging than the hyst!

I'm also looking forward to getting back in the gym, and not having my new workout routine interupted with PMS and cramps and embarrasing bleeding! And I want to stretch and bend and get my body moving again.

The best reward is knowing that I'm getting all this behind me and I'm on the way to having a better quality of life!
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Same treat for me for on buying new panties! I also have been buying fresh flowers these past few days just to brighten up the house since I am here so much now. Just those little cheapie bouquets at the grocery store, but they really make me smile.

Waiting for the green light so DH and I can enjoy some fun in our newly decorated bedroom. Before hyst I had had the room on hold and knew I didn't want to lay in bed looking at old wallpaper and bad lighting, so I treated us before going in by redoing the room. Some more things to do, but 90% done and the finished the most of it the night before going to the castle. Hasn't been broken in yet what with having to do a bowel prep the night before...ugh...no romance there huh LOL!

On the big picture, I really want to get some weight off and feel like I can focus on that now; I am going to let my family know how much I love them by actions as well as words; and going to focus on career choices that are enriching to the soul. YAY to Jess for recognizing a poisonious workplace and looking for a new job. Good for you! Reward yourselves ladies, whether in big or small ways, you deserve it. Happy healing all!
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:07 PM

I am so getting a massage I am a massage junky.
I need and want a pedicure.
A night of passion with sweet hubby.
A day of sailing in the Pacific Northwest with hubby.
A bubble bath oh how i miss soaking in a tub.
Pick up kitty cat and snuggle with him(he weighs 18lbs. I have a 5lb limit)
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:07 PM

It's been so long since DH and I have had sex that I can't wait to get the all clear!!! Seems silly, but before surgery it always hurt and was almost too painful to bear....so I'm really looking forward to a nice "romantic date night" with him.

I think a nice dinner out, maybe even a night at a hotel (without the fur children), and a pretty/sexy lingerie ensemble. Follow the night up with breakfast in bed and I'll be one happy camper!
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM

All the above are great ideas! My gift is no more painful and constant bleeding! That is the greatest!!!!!!! I finally got my life back!!

: *partysign
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:00 PM

[quote=schafr7] My gift is no more painful and constant bleeding! That is the greatest!!!!!!! I finally got my life back!!

Yes, this too!!!
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:53 PM

I think my biggest gift to myself will be no more pain and no more bleeding. Toss in a flatter tummy. More cash, because I won't have to spend a ton of money on super plus-size Tampax at a rate of a new tampax every half hour for ten days every month.

I also think I'm due some post-hysterectomy beautiful new me clothes....but not until my eight-week mark.

Another reward will be to RUN really fast....even if it is just 50 yards. I'm just now finally able to walk at a somewhat normal pace.....I'm not at all a runner, but I'm dying to run really fast.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register