How are you going to reward yourself? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you going to reward yourself? How are you going to reward yourself?

Unread 07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
How are you going to reward yourself?

well I am a bit strange. I am not a spa person and i hate shopping. I told my Dh that my gift for all I have gone through is going to be a new Tattoo that shows what My life has been like. Preferably on the back of my neck. I have 3 now. and piercings so my computer geek straight laced DH understands my need for ink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 06:56 PM

I've already done it, I'm 5 weeks post op, and 1 year before my hyst. I had a beautiful tummy tuck and it has remained flat and pretty, so I'm with you , some new panties (only this time they'll be little bikinis), bought some clothes that made me feel very feminine and sexy, and my husband already purchased me a whole day at the spa with a variety of options. You absolutely deserve it!! We ALL do!! Next year, we'll look back at today with such memories and really be relieved it's over and that we conquered it!
bonniebolander60
Unread 07-24-2008, 03:04 PM

I plan on treating myself to some new pantie The NEW HAINES WEDGIE FREE ones. I might also treat myself to some thongs, as long as they have a very thin strap so I don't feel like I have a permanent wedgie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2008, 03:12 PM

My reward was my little doggie, a cocker spaniel named Oscar. That's not the name I gave him. That's the name his first family gave him. They gave him up to a local animal shelter. He had just turned 9, and he had developed a heart condition that required medications. He had a skin irritation that made him scratch and scratch and scratch. He just got old, and sick, and so at a time when he needed more from them, they gave him less. I love him. He's a real pal. We'll see him through to the other side. I had wanted a dog for some time. I think we'll continue to get geriatric cases like this one. There are so many pets out there whose owners can't, for one reason or another, manage to keep any longer. If I didn't work, I'd volunteer at the shelter where I got him. That too would be my reward to myself. I love animals, and they seem to like me back. Couldn't think of anything else more rewarding, for me at least! Hugs to you all, sisters. Life is good, isn't it?
Unread 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM

I sure do know what you mean. My husband loves thongs and since I've recently had a tummy tuck, he Really likes them. I know this might sound gross, but I've found a G-String is more comfortable, it's so small you don't feel it like you can feel the thong.bonniebolander60
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:54 AM

Good for you, Blueheron, for rescuing your dog. My Bichon has been great company for both me and DH as we recovered from surgery.
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:44 AM

My DH never had a house dog, only outside, hunting dogs, so it's been a real surprise to him to know how truly affectionate a house dog can be. Oscar plays ball, both catch and soccer, and he follows us around everywhere. He also knows when we are low. DH lost his mother recently, and Oscar stuck by his side for a full week, while DH quietly mourned. I know we'll help out another old dog, and probably a cocker, when it's time to let Oscar part from us. Thanks for your comment.
Unread 08-01-2008, 08:09 AM

I bought a new everyday dinnerware service - Villeroy & Boch French Garden.

It's a beautiful mix & match set with 4 different plate and bowl patterns that all work together. The 5 big boxes arrived yesterday and I will unpack and wash them today.

My old everyday dinnerware was Noritake American Flowers, enjoyed it for over 10 years, but I was just ready for something new. It was hard to get more pieces, even on eBay, and I never was able to get the bowls that went with the set, and I don't think mugs were ever made either.

Got the new set at 80% off with sale prices and extra savings, so it was hard to pass up Got mugs instead of cups/saucers, 2 different bowl types, bakeware, and a canister set too

DH and DS couldn't care less, a plate is a plate. DH would eat off Chinet every day and not know the difference.........

My surgery plus our 20th anniversary this year, it worked out well........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register