Adenomyosis Question?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis Question?? Adenomyosis Question??

Unread 07-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Adenomyosis Question??

I have a question for anyone who has had or has adenomyosis. I have experience sever pain with what my dr feels is adenomyosis. My periods have went from being very short to very long, however they are always predictable as to when. My question is has anyone with this ever experianced not getting your period. I know this should be a welcome change however it does concern me. I am over a week late with no signs of it. I have my pre-op appt Thursday, and sure hope this isn't a bad sign.
Thanks
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Adenomyosis Question??

I had sever adenomyosis and never knew when i was having a period cause i bled and spotted all the time but there were some times when i lucked out and went 2 months with no bleeding. lots of luck ot you !!! symptoms are different for every one just follow your gut !
hugs
lisa
Unread 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

I wouldn't be to worried about it ,my adenomyosis was extensive and my uterus was hemorraging. But I never missed a period, just got major gushes. I am sure there is nothing wrong, just look ahead to your soon to be new found, worry free life. Alot of the other sisters had missed periods to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

I never knew that I had adenomyosis until after I had my hysterectomy. I had heavy bleeding and my period would last fifteen days, then stop, then start up again a couple of days later...mostly spotting in between my regular period....I was late a couple of times and it used to come eventually with a vengence. I also had tenderness of my uterus, when it came down to having sex. I only had severe pain the first 4 days of my period. When the doc has the biopsy done after your surgery, you will be able to find out exactly if it was indeed adenomyosis.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

I had no bleeding (ablation several years before), but would have cramping at the time I would have had periods. Then it progressed to daily cramping. Horrible. Don't worry. I'm just glad it's all gone!!
Best of luck!
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

I had severe bleeding up to 14 days and period twice a month with pain. Everyone is different. I wish you lots of luck with your surgery. I am glad mine is over and am healing.

God Bless you.

Tophatt10
Unread 07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

I had weird cycles. But the cramping and bleeding just kept getting worse. Well, I skipped my period in February and March. My daughter was getting married and I think I was so stressed, it just stopped. Well April 17th came and I started and it just kept on and on and on. I went to my doc in May and he scheduled tests and such -- I was going to try an ablation. Well, the ultrasound showed probable adenomyosis, and my doctor was wonderful, he advised just to go ahead with the hyster as the ablation would probably fail.

Then I had to schedule the hyst for a month after that -- July 1st. My cycle that started April 17th, only slowed for a week when he gave me BC pills to try to stop the flow. I stayed on the pills and still bled until the hyst.

So, though you may skip a period or two with adenomyosis, it saves up and your next one may be the worst ever -- at least it was for me!

Be thankful for the hiatus!

By the way, my pathology showed advance adenomyosis and a huge fibroid. My uterus alone weighed a pound and should have only weighed a few ounces. I feel 100 times better than before the surgery and have zero regrets!

Good luck!
Unread 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Adenomyosis Question??

My cycles are always unpredictable - it is true everyone is different - I would go a month or so without having one and then one month had the pleasure of having 2 cycles. I had the scope done about a month ago to reassure myself (and the insurance company) the andomyosis is present and in definate need of a TAS - I go in tomorrow morning so looking forward to the healing side.

Best of luck with your pre=op make sure you have all your questions ready and un turn every rock - personally I did 2 cause I had no idea what to expect and ask on the first one.
Unread 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Adenomyosis Question??

Hi there,

I too had adenomyosis, although it was not officially confirmed until the pathology was completed. Sometimes I would skip my periods completely, sometimes they lasted only 2-3 days, and yet at other times I would bleed for 2 weeks at a time. Then, in the 2-3 months prior to my surgery, I started having 2 very long cycles each month...I agree with the others, everyone is different.

Please do mention this, however, at your pre-op appt, as I know you are concerned and perhaps the doc should be aware of this. I wish you the very best for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery

Sincerely, Trish

PS--please do keep us posted on this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register