what worked for me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what worked for me what worked for me

Unread 08-04-2001, 02:17 PM
what worked for me

I had my TAH/BSO July 23 and recovery is going swimmingly, I'm pleased to report. Two things I did that helped tremendously were 1)having my priest come in as they were getting me prepped for surgery to do prayers and 2)having a holistic nurse do two sessions of healing touch while I was hospitalized. My church friends took such good care of me while I was in. My priest visited and brought me flowers from her garden and my deacon came in and did a healing service in my room. I would suggest both to our LIWs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2001, 06:42 AM
Great Idea!

I thought about finding a touch healer, but didn't have time to do so. I did, however, find some good books about the subject and did a little energy self healing prior to surgery. To keep positive energy in my room, I took in pictures of my nieces and nephews and had my DH hang them (with tape) on the wall facing my bed. The pictures were taped on purple, blue, and orange construction paper. I also did some guided imagery with a tape I bought specifically created for surgery. The day before surgery I made an audio tape of my nieces and nephews at a family party. The children were all happy and the noises were happy noises. I also audio taped my three-year-old niece snoring as I held her in my arms that day. It was PRECIOUS!!!! I think these things focused my energy appropriately and have helped me heal. Of course, I'm only 6 days post-op, so what do I really know??!?!? I also won't watch anything on TV that isn't uplifting. I haven't had any major trouble, and I think that focusing on positive things has helped my healing. I also took a double dose of vitamin C prior to my surgery and have continued it since I returned home. I also have to give some credit to my mother's homemade bran muffins, some prune juice, and homemade rolls and chicken soup, too!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register