Mean and Nasty and Hatefulllllll HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mean and Nasty and Hatefulllllll HELP! Mean and Nasty and Hatefulllllll HELP!

Unread 08-05-2001, 09:25 AM
Mean and Nasty and Hatefulllllll HELP!

OMG!
I have gotten to be so hateful! :devil: I will pick a fight with anyone lately! This is not like me.
I'm three weeks post op. I'm looking for reasons to fight with my dh and I'm finding them! He's about as shocked as I am! What is all this about?
When I'm not screaming, I'm crying! This is awful!
HELP!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2001, 01:02 PM

Hmmm - you kept your ovaries, so I'm guessing your hormones are OK. Any other symptoms? Are you sleeping more or less? How is your appetite? I wonder if it could be a bit of depression rearing its ugly head as a short-temper.

Have you tried chocolate? Its great mood enhancer. I heartily reccomend the form that Ben & Jerry's supplies - ice cream is great in the summer.

Are you just too bored to take it well anymore? You are a normally busy person (from reading your other posts) I wonder if this could be some monstrous form of cabin fever? If so ... GET OUT of the HOUSE somehow - even for a short, slow walk.

I don't have any other ideas. Unless its PMS, someone here said that the first coupla cycles after their hyst the PMS was much stronger than before.

Whatever it is, I hope you feel better soon!

Pam
Unread 08-05-2001, 01:58 PM

I don't know the details of how this works, but I think if your ovaries are "thrown for a loop" post-hyst that you can get in a situation where you have your normal amount of testosterone, but not as much estrogen as you are used to. That happened to me at about 2 weeks. I didn't *actually* go off on anybody, but I sure felt like it. I could totally imagine doing something like getting into a fist fight, or loudly confronting someone over something I'd usually let go. It was like a string of verbal abuse was right there on the tip of my tongue. I think it was a brief glimpse of what it's like to be a testosterone poisoned jerk. It went away on its own after a few days. I hope you are back to your happy, easy-going self in no time. Meanwhile, try to remember to count to 10 a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2001, 02:10 PM

Hi Kathy,

I haven't been mean and nasty and hateful or fighting (okay maybe a little but not with DH, LOL) but I have been touchy lately... like I'm in NO mood for anyone's joking around- I'm taking things very seriously lately.

It's enough to make me lose my mind (and probably some acquaintances- especially online because I'm normally okay with joking around or good natured teasing- KWIM?) But now it just makes me want to scream! :hair:

I have my ovaries too and in fact I think I ovulated (from other symptoms) in my 2nd week post op (when I should have had my next period)... sooo... who knows what's going on. I do think it's normal though- I've read here that others go through this as well.

And I DO think the cabin fever thing is probably true. I'm about to go NUTS! So much to do and can't do it.... LOL

Hang in there- we'll make it through this.
Unread 08-05-2001, 02:15 PM
Can relate

I am several days post op and had fight with my husband also. That really isn't hard since he is a difficult person. I usually would just ignore him. But I think I hurt myself the other day yelling at him. And who did I hurt? I have decided I will remain calm and rest for my own sanity and health.

SAH kept ovaries
Unread 08-05-2001, 02:35 PM

Kathy - Horsewoman is right...it takes a few weeks for ovaries to get over the shock...and during that time there are good days and bad. I had ovaries out but had ajustment time with HRT...and got a little moody. I can remember my dh telling my boys that they were going to have to be patient with me...that made me mad as heck...and shouldn't have. After a few weeks I was back to my normal self.

PS - I also found that I was more irritable when I was tired.

Sending calming thoughts your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register