Not Myself....Hormone Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not Myself....Hormone Question Not Myself....Hormone Question

Unread 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Not Myself....Hormone Question

Hello Ladies, I'm having a bit o a dilemma.I had an a bso in march my doc started me on 1.25mg of premarin. I had little issues with it until the mid May.I went and seen him for my 6 wk follow-up and he up my does to 1.87mg daily (1.5 pills) because of hot flashes headaches moody and i was not sleeping well. He also started me on 40mg of testosterone every 2 days.
For the last month 1.5mths i've has 3 yeast infections,the headaches r back, the moodiness is back, night sweats and day sweats r back and my sleeping if horrid again. My doc told me to play around with the premarin and find a dosage that works. I'm a little freak out of this I feel I'm on a fairly high dose now and I'm afraid of taking to much. Is there really a such thing of taking to much how would you know? I also just recently moved to a new town and am in the process of being referred to a new doc, but i feel like dyeing now i'm just not myself and words of advice can anyone help me?

Jolene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Jolene: I can't believe your doc told you to "play around" with the dosage. I think I'd maybe go talk to your local pharmacist (sometimes they are more knowledgeable about a drug than the docs are!).

My surgeon (obgyn) told me that if you don't have a uterus or your ovaries anymore, you don't need to take any male hormones at all - just the estrogen.....(i'm new to this so I'm not sure if that is true or just the opinion of my doc).

I was put on Estradiol the night of my surgery in the hospital. I think i'm still adjusting to it - but i do have night sweats and hot flashes and have trouble sleeping.....but I don't have headaches or yeast infections.

hang in there....
Unread 07-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Cheetah68 Thanks for replying.The reason he started me on testerone was for my libido. Let me just say it has done wonders. He did tell me it was a little risky because they were still studying the effects but i was game for anything. I'll check with a pharmacist and see what they say. Thanks again.

Jolene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 11:48 PM

I only take the Estrogen in the Climera patch. My doctor does not prescribe proges. with no uterus and testosterone must be tested for and taken carefully. I don't take that either.

Have you tried a patch? They do not go through the liver and they are easy to adjust.
Unread 07-30-2008, 11:10 AM

Growviolets I've often thought about the patch. My only concern for it is that
I have really sensitive skin. Thanks for the reply.
Jolene
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:34 PM

I have sensitive skin too, but all is fine. The only time it gets red is when I take it off, like taking a bandade off. I then put some 1% cream on and it works great. I just don't like taking pills that go through the liver and the patches are SO easy to change dose with. I have always liked Climara.
Unread 08-12-2008, 09:22 PM

I switched from the pill to the patch and was concerned about irritation also. I end up with rashes from band-aids and surgical tape. My dr. suggested that if I started getting irritation w/the patch that I should put a dab of hydrocortisone cream on the spot where I will place the patch, then after it dries completely put the patch on. So far I haven't needed to do that so I can't say for sure that it works, but thought I'd pass on the info. I'm on the Vivelle dot and it seems to be fine. I have noticed that if I keep one on for more than 3 days, my skin begins to get irritated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register