5 wks post op incision open and draining | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 wks post op incision open and draining 5 wks post op incision open and draining

Unread 07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
5 wks post op incision open and draining

Ladies,

I have to go to the doc tommorow, 5 weeks post op and incision on belly button is not healing. Open very very wide and draining. He told me two weeks ago that it was healing nicely, now it is open more and hurts like a you know what!! Anyone had this problem?

Sara
TSH/TVT/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Hi! My hip-to-hip incision was left open intentionally so that it would heal from the inside out. At its widest, the top of the incision was 3 inches from the bottom of he incision, and I was sure it would never close up.

Although it took ten full weeks, the incision did close.

I would make sure the doctor addresses the pain and drainage. To me, the drainage sounds like a good thing, since I also had an abdominal hematoma/seroma. But only your doctor can tell you for sure if your drainage is normal.

Hope this helps.
Unread 07-30-2008, 10:28 AM

Yes I have the same problem. I am 4 weeks post op and my incision has been draining since surgery. I have to have a home nurse come everyday to " pack " the incision till it closes and stops draining. Every other day the nurse comes and she puts packing strips into the wound and leaves it there for a day or 2 then takes it out and puts fresh strips in to keep it draining and closiing up. Ive been having this done to me for a month now and its still draining and closing up slowly. You need to show your Dr because it sounds like you need it to be packed.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Went to the Doc today, he said I have a major infection in my belly incision and in my lower right abdomen. I have to go to wound care at the hospital today for debreeding and packing and wound vac and then on friday they are going to do a CT scan and CT guided drainage tube placement. If that does not work, then they are going to open me wide up to drain it all. If my belly does not heal then they are going to cut out all the dead tissue and start from scratch my doc told me I had a long road ahead of me, and he gave me a prayer. He also gave me the best gift of all, Percocet 60 of them to help!!!!

Sara
TSH/TVT/BSO Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome 32 years old

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register