Lumps on labia: hard, painful, itching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lumps on labia:  hard, painful, itching Lumps on labia: hard, painful, itching

Unread 08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Lumps on labia: hard, painful, itching

Saturday I had 3 little pea sized lumps on my labia majora. By Monday it seemed to be one large, painful, swollen, hard, sometimes itching mass. I tried a homeopathic cream (arnica gel) on it, it didn't help. I tried triple antibiotic cream, it didn't help. Finally, on Wednesday I tried hydrocortizone cream on it and helped take away some of the swelling. Yesterday I called my doctor's nurse and she said she had had the same thing when she had her hyst last year. She said the hydrocort cream was fine to use and I could sit in a bath of epsom salts. If that didn't help, the Physcian's assistant could lance it. YIKES! I think I'll stick with the cream and bath.

Has anyone else had this? What is it? What causes it? How long does it take to go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2008, 09:56 PM

I am not exactly sure what causes it, but can guess it has something to do with the surgery, meds, irritation, etc.

I am glad you called the doctor and he suggested something to try to help it go down. You might have to give it some time. If it gets worse then you might just have to go in and get it treated. The doctors are good about putting topical pain relievers on things so it won't be uncomfortable.

I hope it gets better soon.

s
Unread 08-02-2008, 10:16 AM

Thanks, SuzyQ. It is getting better. I'm down to 1 lump, so I guess the hydrocortizone is working. I haven't done the bath yet, I have to clean the tub first!

Thank you so much for writing back!

PS I see you got your "birthday cake, too"! WOOT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2008, 09:51 PM

I just got this information from my best friend (who is a lamaze teacher)
  Quote:
i am willing to bet what you have is a mucoid cyst and they feel like a cross between a mosquito bite that itches and a blister that hurts and they swell like a mosquito bite. . . . Yes; they can lance them and it probably wouldnt be any worse than just letting it run its course
She said the epsom salt bath would help a lot. I'm so glad to know it isn't lymph nodes! That was my fear! But then, I get panicky now when something goes wrong . . . I hate cancerhead!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register