Curiosity | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-06-2001, 07:24 AM
Curiosity

I am one year plus post-op and am finally feeling pretty good! I have been going over my path report and although I was very lucky we caught my cancer in time ( endometrial, early stage, grade III) I am curious about where the cancer would probably go if it were to spread. Is there a usual route for endo/uterine cancer to metastisize? I am due for a routine 3 month check up soon and will ask my dr. but I thought I would ask you ladies as you have so much insight. I have done research on this and have not found any info. Thanks in advance!

Rhonda
RAH/BSO 06/01/2001
Endo cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2001, 10:33 AM
Curiosity

Hi Rhonda,

Congrats on having all of the cancer removed with your surgery. Thats wonderful!!

I can't help too much with your question regarding uterine cancer, as I had ovarian, and I did ask my oncologist if I were to have a recurrance of it where it might show up, and he said it would most likely be in the pelvic region. I asked because I was concerned if it might come back in the bowel or liver etc.

So...I don't know if that is the case for all gyn cancers, but that is what they told me about mine.

Best of luck at your next 3 month checkup. I just had my 2nd one last Friday, and I know how nerve wracking the days leading up to them can be. They say it gets easier though!

Hugs,
Maria
Unread 08-06-2001, 10:37 AM
Curiosity

Congrats on your one year post mark! What a great feeling to know that things are behind you! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel after a full year?
I had cervical cancer, so I'm not much help either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2001, 01:51 PM
Curiosity

one year !!!! Hooray

I had cervical cancer as well , sorry not much help either. But I am sure someone will be along real soon who can help you. Take care x x
Unread 08-08-2001, 06:42 AM
Curiosity

I saw my Dr. yesterday, he said in my case it would show up in the vagina-hence my very frequent PAPs. I was curious as to the continuation of the PAPs as everything was taken out, even the cervix. I will have my test results back soon, but so far all looks good. Thanks for all of your input!

Rhonda
Unread 08-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Curiosity

My dr told me vaginal after I was diagnosed with cervical, but I wasn't sure if that would have been your case too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your test results to come back very good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register