Last memory before la-la land - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last memory before la-la land Last memory before la-la land

Unread 08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Last memory before la-la land

ohmygosh that reminds me of when my DD had her wisdom teeth out and she was coming to, she kept looking at me funny and jerking away from me, she said I had about 4 heads and I looked like a spider. Then she did charades for the sentence Hit the road jack, meaning she was ready to go and then her eyes would roll back in her head. I laughed so hard.

Her charades went like this...
Hit= slapping her thigh
the Road= mimicking hands around a steering wheel in front of her
Jack= did the "Just Jack" thing from Will and Grace

I only explain this to give all you a good laugh. I hope it didn't hurt too much, but laughing is the best healer and gives hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2008, 11:14 AM

I remember being very relaxed and comfortable, and being wheeled into the very cold OR - people patting me on the shoulder, helping me move to the table and asking if I was comfortable, and the mask being put on my face, very soothing, being told to breathe, and that was it.

Very peaceful. It was this way for my lap in June and the TAH in July.

I think every OR needs to make sure their patients are out completely before starting the straps and the things that can be distressing.
For myself, I would have been ok but I know from reading these posts that this has caused real distress for some ladies.
Unread 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM

i remember being wheeled in, scooting over to a table, and them putting a mask over my face. The mask sealed down over my mouth and I couldn't breathe and I starting fighting to get it off. They took it off and let me breathe the room air for a bit, then asked if I was ready to try again. I said okay, they put it on again and thankfully I had only a few seconds of that suffocating feeling and I was out.

Hey -- that happy juice they gave me beforehand didn't work at all! LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM

I was wheeled into the OR and just as they were putting the mask on me I looked at my anesthiologist and said "So, do you come here often?" and then I was out. In the recovery room I woke up in a lot of pain and blurted out the following: "Dear God, my doctor used a melon baller to take out my uterus, not a scalpel!" They quickly gave me more meds! LOL!
Unread 09-07-2008, 05:25 PM

I remember being wheeled into the OR, on the way the nurse pushing my bed slid down a little ramp. She couldnt get any traction with her goofy shoe covers she had on.

She took me back to the farthest OR room, it was ice cold. They asked me to slid over to the OR bed. I think they strapped my down so I wouldnt fall off. I also think they gave me more warm blankets but thats about all I remember. My Dr was not in the room as far as I can remember. I dont know when he showed up just glad he did.

The next thing I remember was a very bumpy ride to my room (it was getting the bed into the elevator) and being asked to scoot over to the rooms bed. After that I was out for the count.
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM

I had a VERY intense dream the night before about the birdwoman (don't ask!) and was bawling when my doctor woke me before my surgery. (Isn't it nice that they see the very best of you?) Through my hysterical sobbing I told him that if a nurse introduced herself as "Robin," I would absoultely lose it. An hour later, in the OR he asked me how I was feeling. I said, fine now that I see there aren't any pelicans or whooping cranes in the room. He said, yeah, I chased them all away before you got here! That's all I remember!
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:51 PM

I remember the nurse in the camoflaged scrubbs asking me what kind of cocktail did I want because it was happy hour. I told her make mine a margarita and I woke up in recovery asking for I chips 5 hours later. LOL.......
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:18 PM

I was in the "staging" area for the ORs and the anesthesiologist introduced himself then asked if I wanted Versed. He injected my IV and I was OUT! I don't recall being wheeled into the OR, moving from one bed to the table, and when opening my eyes in the recovery room they were wheeling me up to my room. (they didn't waste any time in moving me) I do recall how rested I felt upon waking...best sleep in a while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register