Shopping Trip did me in - 3 weeks Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shopping Trip did me in - 3 weeks Post Op Shopping Trip did me in - 3 weeks Post Op

Unread 08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Shopping Trip did me in - 3 weeks Post Op

I am SO bummed out right now. I am almost three weeks post op. Yesterday I decided to go to Target to do some back to school shoppingw/my DH and DS's. Well, about 15 minutes before we were done I started feeling quite a bit of pain and having a hard time walking. So we finished up and went home. Today I am hurting SO bad! I can't even stand up straight when I get up and I'm back on pain meds. I really thought I could do this. I see so many of you able to do so much at this point and I can't do ANYthing it seems! I am feeling kind of depressed and completely frustrated. WHEN will I be able to do stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2008, 09:14 PM

I am glad that I am not the only one who feels bad! I went grocery shopping yesterday and DH pushed the cart. I sent him to get the heavy things and had to go and sit down and wait on him to check out! I ended up going home and having a 3 hour nap! I thought I didn't over do it! Hopefully we'll get through this!
Unread 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM

I had TAH/BSO on July 11 and have not been able to do much. I took a walk yesterday and only went about the length of a short block end - 1/4 of a full block. I hurt the rest of the day after that.

I went to church at 3wks, 2days and stayed in bed the rest of the day. Today I didn't go to church though I would have. Family situation kept me home.

Please take it easy on yourself. You may have set yourself back a few days.

I am quite overweight so that might slow me up some but I'm trying to really take it easy and hope I'm not taking it too easy on myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Tamie - I'm overweight too (by about 60 lbs) and I do think that hinders recovery somewhat. I am just getting really scared ... I have to go back to work in just 3 weeks so unless I start making some big leaps and bounds as far as recovery goes I am going to be MISERABLE!

I guess I'll snap out of my funk ... I just feel so defeated, ya know?

Ugh ...
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM

TAH is not easy. I would wait longer for the next trip. I was very careful and didn't shop until almost the 6th week. Even then, it was a short trip.

Get more rest with your feet up so you can continue to heal and feel better and better. A lot of people rush and if the body is not ready, there is no way to hurry. We ask a lot of our bodies. Best of luck.
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:25 PM

Each week is time for TONS of healing. 3wks more of healing is a lot. Don't start pushing so soon. At the end of 6wks, you will want to start slow, even at work.

I'm going to start calling around for a job. I took a year off to tend my disabled husband. He is doing better and our finances are hurting. I hope I do not get hired too soon.
Unread 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM

I went shopping at about 3 weeks. I don't know how I made it through. I think I numbed my brain . . . then stayed in bed for the next day or so.

Take care of yourself. We each heal at our own speed.
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM

I haven't gone to the mall or Wal-mart yet - just the grocery store and restaurants, church, doctor, etc. Did go into a small local department store to get DS some shorts, thankfully that only took about 30 minutes.

School starts Aug 19th so I am going to have to brave it for a few things - backpack & supplies only, he doesn't need any clothing.
Oh, he does need shoes, and that's a PITB even when I'm feeling at my best !!!!! I don't understand a teenager that puts up such a fuss about buying shoes !?!?!?!
Unread 08-11-2008, 09:24 AM

i thought it was only me that felt yuk,went shopping few days ago,ended up sitting in the middle o the shop crying like a baby,partener had to put me in the car till he paid for items, cant wait to get better!! YEEES !
Unread 08-11-2008, 10:53 AM

I went to the nearby mall at three weeks....big mistake. It was an awful experience, I was totally dizzy, had to go bm in a public toilet in the middle of it (holding it in would have been too painful) and afterwards and the next couple of days I was spotting, in pain, and just having to SLEEP.

You think you can do it, it seems so easy....but you can't and it isn't.

But just wait a few weeks, and it's a totally different experience!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register