Watched the procedure on YouTube.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Watched the procedure on YouTube.... Watched the procedure on YouTube....

Unread 08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Watched the procedure on YouTube....

Watched the procedure on YouTube and I am not sure that I should have.

I will admit it was difficult to watch - I looked away some times. I did find parts of it interesting though. I wondered what I looked like in there, and now I know.

My OBGYN told me that shaving was so "old school" so I am glad that I called. I was going to do it myself! I also asked if they are going to do a pathology and they said yes. That makes me feel better.

I am worried that I am going to get all ready and psyched up only to have it postponed... but there is nothing I can do about that.

I realized that I have no one to morn this "loss" with me. No husband or boyfriend. By choice right now.
I have no one to write a dear honey letter to. No one else but me is sad about it. Hmmm.... I will have to dig deep about this.

Anyhoo, just sharing my thoughts before bed. If I haven't said it before, I am so glad I found you gals. I will be donating when I can.

~G~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownchick
I realized that I have no one to morn this "loss" with me. No husband or boyfriend. By choice right now.
I have no one to write a dear honey letter to. No one else but me is sad about it. Hmmm.... I will have to dig deep about this.
You aren't going through this alone, there are lots of us out here who can go a long way towards understanding and sharing all the wierd and not always wonderful thoughts that run through your mind pre-op and post-op, we may seem like names on a screen but behind every name there is a real live living breathing person wishing you well
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:46 AM

I was shaved, but they did it while I was under anesthesia. I didn't ask about it beforehand like you did. Just figured I would wait and see.

Good luck with your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:01 AM

your a very brave girl, i could'nt watch the op,they shaved me,or should i say,they left me the razor cos i was in the bathroom when she came looking me, as for mourning your loss, we all understand, i have a partner and i wonder if hes human at times,typical thoughtless man, so dont you worry. best wishes xx
Unread 08-11-2008, 08:42 AM

I watched the TVH this weekend too. Well I watched two different ones. I am glad I did, here I was thinking they would be way in there digging around. It didn't look as horrible as I was thinking. Still scary though! Hubby would not watch it!

I have actually witnessed several abdominal hysterectomies back when I transported female inmates to the hospital. It really isn't a gross scary thing either. It is very straightforward and you are well taken care of when in surgery.
Unread 08-11-2008, 08:43 AM

I watched a TVH on you tube then I made my co-workers and my boss watch it so they would know what I was going thur and why I would be out of work for a while. It was rough to watch at first I even said to myself why did I just watch this how stupid am I but after I thought about it I was glad I did. Now I know what they will be doing to me. I will also understand any pain I will have after the surgery. Mine is scheduled on the 25th so good luck with yours. I am counting down the days 14 more until my TVH and 9 more days until I am off work. I am taking me a couple of days off before surgery to get everything in order b/c I didnt think I would feel like doing anything that weekend being I have to start my bowel prep that Saturday and will have to starve myself on Sunday.
Unread 08-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Thanks so much for the support, friends.
It is true, I have you all here, my faceless friends. And I will lean on you for support.

I am glad I watched the procedure.

~G~
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:00 PM

I think watching the procedures is good. Hard to find the TAH on video though. It helps us all know to be patient and not rush the healing time. So often, people do too much too early.

I knew they would shave me to do the TAH. I just did it the day before, easy, no big deal.
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Ok, I tried to watch; but couldn't. I think I would rather know what is happening and not seeing it. And I'm sure my husband wouldn't want to watch either.
But it was a good idea and I'm sure some will like watching.
Pam
Unread 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif2minn
Ok, I tried to watch; but couldn't. I think I would rather know what is happening and not seeing it. And I'm sure my husband wouldn't want to watch either.
But it was a good idea and I'm sure some will like watching.
Pam
You definitely have to be able to stomach seeing organs of the human kind. It isn't bloody by any means, just weird thinking thats a real person and not some horror film or an organ on your local meat counter. I think thats the gross/scary factor of it. Would not recommend anyone with a weak stomach watching or even going to you tube to see whats there.

It made me a bit eww feeling, but on the other side I know now it isn't as invasive as I thought it would be. So I feel better for watching it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register