Anterior Repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anterior Repair Anterior Repair

Unread 08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Anterior Repair

I had an Anterior Repair as well as a bladder sling with Mesh, lap total hysterectomy and my one ovary that was left removed on July 11th. So far everything seems to be okay, I have had one UTI and at 4 weeks out I am still uncomfortable.

I have a hard time sitting in a regular chair or even sitting comfortable for any period of time and I am wondering how long this will last. I was hoping to get some input from someone else that has had this procedure. I start back at school in the week of August 18th and I am wondering if I will be able to sit in the chairs at the college I attend.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Anterior Repair

lmn,

I feel your pain! I had my second rectocele surgery in June, and I'm still having "sitting" issues. My dr told me last week at my check up that it takes up to 3 months for the sutures deep in my hips to dissolve. It's getting better, but slowly. I take pillows and look for the softest seat in the room and stand to rest my rear when possible. Car trips have been the worst. I was thankful for reclining seats in the car! Anyway...be patient and do what you can to be comfortable. I hope I get to retire my pillows soon!

Good luck in school. I'm a high school librarian, and we start back next week as well. My summer of taking care of myself has just about ended!

Denise
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Anterior Repair

Denise - Thank you for your response, I was starting to think I must be the only one with a sitting issue!

Good luck when you start back at school.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Anterior Repair

Hi Ladies, I had my surgery (TVH with anterior and posterior repairs) 15 months ago. I know it was about 5/6 weeks before sitting was somewhat comfortable. I found I just had to shift positions and get up and walk around a bit every so often. I was also wondering just how long it would be before I could sit comfortably.
I have to share that I have actually been riding a bicycle this summer - on trails while we were camping and I went and bought myself a new mountain bike 2 weeks ago because it was so much fun. This time last year I didn't think I'd ever sit on a bicycle seat ever again.
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:03 AM
yours are encouraging words

Thanks for sharing that you're now enjoying riding a bicycle. As someone about to have all the same surgeries (but including a TOT tape) , it's good to know that next summer I'll be able to enjoy doing everything again. Nancy
Unread 08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Anterior Repair

That is super about riding a bike! I still need a posterior repair but put that off because with all the work I had done my doctor didn't want to add all that recovery. He is also worried that my body won't handle the mesh so he wants me to wait as long as I can.
Unread 08-31-2008, 02:08 AM
Anterior Repair

It has been sick weeks and I still have a hard time sitting. It is a major issue when everywhere you go you neet to sit.I can't wait for my bum to be all back to normal.
Unread 08-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Anterior Repair

I was so glad to find this thread. I had my A/P repair with sling on August 20 and am beginning to wonder if I will ever be able to sit again. I'm reminded of when I had surgery on both feet 15 years ago. My toes took months to heal and I thought I would go barefoot for the rest of my life. But fortunately we do heal and now I buy and comfortably wear the sexiest heels that will fit my hooves. I look forward to sitting on my sofa again, riding a bike and a few other things
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Anterior Repair

I had a hard time sitting for months! I do pretty good now but some times I still have trouble on hard chairs and long car rides.
Unread 09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Anterior Repair

I am so glad to find this message board. I, too had a TVH with a bladder sling lift and rectocel repair on Aug. 27. I, have trouble sitting. Lots of wiggling is involved in order to be comfortable. Standing for long periods of time is not good either. It is so nice to know that I am not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register