When will you return to work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will you return to work? When will you return to work?

Unread 08-12-2008, 04:53 AM
When will you return to work?

My dr. said 4-6 wks. post op. I have only 4 wks of pay (can only accumulate 5 wks) so planned on being back in 4 wks. My job is basically a sit down job, some running between two floors but a lot at my desk. Is 4 wks realistic? My boss laughed and told me I can plan on 4 wks but she'll plan on 6!

Now my hubby is having knee pain, so I may end up putting mine on hold to see what goes on with him. I'm scheduled for the 21st and he wants to wait till next week to see how his knee is doing, ugh! We can't both be off work and down to boot!

Any thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:56 AM

At least your boss is understanding, and is thinking worst case scenario. So far I am shooting for no less than two weeks if it takes longer so be it. I assume you are having abdominal though. If you get to the 4 weeks and still need some time but also the money, maybe try part time until you are back into the swing of things.
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:58 AM

Hi,

Had my tvh on 8/8. My dr and i discussed when he would release me to work. At 2 weeks he might release me to work at home part time-i would not be allowed back to the office yet, at 4 weeks he might release me to return to work 4 hours a day and at 6 weeks a complete release.

Every release would take a call from me to his office begging to go back to work and that I feel great. So the plans that I made to return to work after 4 weeks are kind of out the window.

Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2008, 07:49 AM

I know that financial worries can be tough to face but please remember that your health and recovery should come first. You have only one chance to heal properly . Listern to your body, if you feel that you're not ready at 4 weeks, please take more time - don't rush it. I like the idea of trying part time at first if necessary

Has your hubby's knee given him problems before? Did he injure it recently? I'll be sending out prayers that it gets better so that you can proceed as scheduled and he can be there to help you.

Best wishes.

S

S
Unread 08-12-2008, 08:47 AM

I had my TAH/BSO in November doctor wouldn't release me back to work for 6 weeks, but I was ready at about the 3 week period or so. Scheduled for repeat 9/3 and this doctor once again is saying 6 weeks minimum - endo regrowth and to get the ovaries they missed the first time
Unread 08-12-2008, 09:48 AM

My TAH is scheduled for tomorrow. My Doc said 6 weeks but my work is giving me 8. I am taking the whole 8 as I am lucky enough to get paid for the whole thing. NYS disabily pays part then my employer picks up the rest. I know I am very lucky to have this. If I didn't I would have to go back probably even before my doctor would want me to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register