Continued Adhesion Pain after 4 yrs? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Continued Adhesion Pain after 4 yrs? Continued Adhesion Pain after 4 yrs?

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Continued Adhesion Pain after 4 yrs?

I haven't posted much the last few yrs since my abdom. pain comes and goes, mostly with either strenuous activity or....I'm afraid...STRESS.

I have been very stressed the last few wks and NOT real active, so I am continuing to take my pain meds as needed.

Any suggestions? Other than quitting and checking into a hospital/hotel to escape life's challenges (husband rec'd SSDI in June, no $ yet, recently disabled and has rec'd various medical treatments in the last 19 mos since accident)...

I know I don't take care of myself, but I really need to know if you who experience adhesion discomfort/pain notice the level of pain increases with just stress? I can't think of anything else causing it.

thanks for any assistance or comments. I'm 4 yrs (8/16) post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:59 PM

TWhite,
I'm sorry to hear that you're still suffering.

While I don't think my pain and issues are from adhesions, I do know that my pain flares when I am sick or under alot of stress. My body just does not handle stress very well. Than again, sometimes it does not matter what is going on and the pain will flare. I have learned to pamper myself and listen to my body when ithe pain gets worse. IMHO the flares are my que that I am doing too much, getting too worked up and it's time to chill. I have learned to take time for me when it is needed. I've been known to lay down for the evening at 6pm. I realized a long time ago that I am no longer super woman, and there really is no need for me to be. My body simply cannot do it anymore. It took me a long time to come to this point, it wasn't easy and was very frustrating. But I am who I am and am learning to deal with the hand I was dealt.

Have you been checked for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Stess can aggravate this condition and cause lots of pain. Just an idea.

Unread 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM

I definitely notice an increase in my pain level when I am under stress. I can't understand how stress levels would impact pain from adhesions, but I do think it's possible. I had stage IV endo, underwent a TAH whereupon they had to leave my cervix, as it was "cemented" to the colon w/the lesions and they never removed any of the endo. My current doctor believes my pain is more from adhesions than the endo, but I'm still trying to get a doctor to go in for a look see - so I don't know if it's adhesion pain flaring up w/my stress or the endo, which I know flares w/stress. I hope you're feeling better and the stress levels go down...take time for yourself and maybe learn a meditation skill to help. ~Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2008, 09:25 AM

Thank you to both! Yes, I'm under a terrible amount of stress and am in a position where I can't take off from work ($) and my DH was criticially injured 01/2007 with permanent disabilities. Good news, he was recently awarded SSDI. He doesn't look or appear to be disabled but its a Spinal Cord INjury with A LOT of nerve damage and complete loss of nerves and the syndrome is Brown Sequard...very difficult to deal with since we never know if its going to be a good day or a bad day. we are also going through changes with his care-provider....9-2 4 days a wk. all in all, while I know God has his hand on me, I just am overwhelmed with all of it and can't seem to helpl the stress. I hold it inside and just stay really busy and talkative.... one day...... i have already planned the 4 day (thur-mon) holiday for in a place with no phones, no one to ask me anything! lol

just somebody to make up my bed after me lol
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Sorry to hear how stressed you are right now, but given what is going on in your life it would appear perfectly normal for you to be feeling the way you do!
I needed surgery for adhesions from 2 ectopic pregnances and when they "went in", almost 8 years after the last ectopic, they found adhesions attached to my bowel that were quite bad and had to be cut and clamped due to their own blood supply. I had pain from the adhesions which just got progressively worse over the 8 years; and stress definitely made it worse. I think that being stress just upset my gut and pulled on the adhesions which was why I felt it more during stressful times. Other times it would hurt for no reason other than I rolled over in bed! The surgery was definitely worth it although the doctor did explain that surgery causes adhesions, even surgery to correct adhesions! It is worth discussing your options with your doctor and making an informed decision about what would be best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register