Spotting and severe pain 16 months after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting and severe pain 16 months after hysterectomy? Spotting and severe pain 16 months after hysterectomy?

Unread 08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Spotting and severe pain 16 months after hysterectomy?

I haven't had sex since Monday morning and didn't have any spotting and it wasn't particularly rough. Last night I moved a chair-- approximately 40 lbs- up a short flight of stairs. I weigh 104, so that chair was pretty heavy for me. Later that night, I felt a severe pain in my bladder area. This morning I woke to light, pink spotting. It lasted about an hour and stopped. There was also intense pain. One a scale of 1-10, the pain was a good 8. It felt like that first week after surgery again. I also had painful urination. I had bladder surgery during my hysterectomy, but have never had any post-hyst problems like this.

I'm 33 and had everything removed except an ovary (including my cervix removed) and have never had any problems with spotting. Like I said, I haven't had sex since Monday and I haven't pleasured myself. Nothing that would seem to cause this except maybe moving that chair. I wondered if maybe there's a tear in the cuff and I tore it worse while lifting?

Does this sound serious or just one of those normal, post-hyst things? The bleeding and pain have stopped. I took a percocet (left over from my surgery in 2007) this morning. I was in some serious pain.

I just don't get it. Especially since its been a few days since I have had sex and I haven't had any problems being intimate anyway. Its odd to just bleed for no reason. I've become very used to the no periods- I have to admit.

*I'm sorry this is so long. Thank you for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Spotting and severe pain 16 months after hysterectomy?

Please call your doctor and let him/her know what is going on. There are many reasons you could be bleeding but a doctor needs to examine you and see what is going on. Were you bleeding with or without urination? With urination could mean a urinary tract infection, interstitial cystitis, or other bladder conditions. Without urination could be vaginal atrophy/dryness or vaginal cuff issue. If even a tiny piece of cervix was left due to its placement, you could be having bleeding from that. There could be a tear from the lifting and straining. The list goes on.

Please let your doctor know right away. It is also a good idea to find out what is going on before self medicating.

Let us know what you find out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register