Da Vinci hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinci hysterectomy Da Vinci hysterectomy

Unread 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

Hi gang...I've been away from this site for a while. I'm having my surgery Sept 17 in Cleveland. I am not really scared anymore regarding the actual surgery...I most scared of being "put under"!!! I would love to hear from anyone who had this type of surgery. My doctor told me I'd be out of the hospital within 24 hours (WOW).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

If you do a hystersister search and type in Davinci hysterectomy a whole lot of our stories will pop up. It was really pretty easy for me. I like you were afraid of the anesthesia. That was easy too. Good luck.
Unread 08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

I had that surgery on a Friday am( it took around 2 hrs) and was home by Sat at 10 am. I highly recommend the surgery only 5 dime size incisions. So far so good!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

I had the same surgery, and was under for about 3 hours and home the next day. I've had 2 laps before this and this one was the easiest to wake up from because I had a morphine pump, it made waking up great! Good Luck!!!
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

I spent one night in the hospital after my daVinci. "Going under" was not a problem - I had general anesthesia. The anestheologist spent a lot of time talking with me before the surgery - so be sure to ask yours any questions or tell him/her any concerns you have. Waking up was not plainful - they gave me Toradol shots in the hospital and had me up and walking the halls just a few hours after surgery. I have had an easy recovery and no complications. Except for a little granulation that was fixed with one silver nitrate treatment, I have had no after effects.
Unread 08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Da Vinci hysterectomy

Hey there,

I am exactly 4 weeks post-op from my Da Vinci Hyst and it was the best decision I have ever made. Originally, my doc said I would go home the next day, but my surgery was very extensive and took double the expected time and my Doc said I might have to stay an extra night or two. Well as soon as I felt like it, I got my catheter out, peed, got off the morphine drip, started walking every hour or so and they finally agreed to let me go home that day. So, even with my surgery...I still only had to stay 1 night.

I went back to work full time (teacher) only 20 days after my surgery....and I feel great. I am still EXTREMELY careful about not pushing/pulling/or lifting anything over 5-10 lbs. and I do get a bit tired and a little sore now and then, but this has been an AMAZING recovery and I am thankful everyday that it is going so well and that I feel better than I have in 10 years.

Good Luck,
Tank

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register