The Bikini Cut | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Bikini Cut The Bikini Cut

Unread 08-25-2008, 06:06 PM
The Bikini Cut

My surgery was on 8/14. This is my first chance to get on my computer. I had an abdominal hysterectomy and my doctor removed my uterus and four fibroids: a football, two plums and a dangling cherry. My doctor did exactly what she described. She was amazing! I choose the spinal instead of general anesthesia which I believe has helped my recovery process. I was home by noon on the 16th. I was blessed to have my mother stay with me for an entire week. My husband was also tremendous support and they worked like a team to get me well. Mom quickly weaned me off of the pain meds which made me feel dizzy and sweaty. Extra strength Tylenol is all I am on now. My doctor recommends 1000 mg of vitamin C for an entire year to help with the scar. So far I am being really good and not doing too much but as I get better it gets more difficult. My swelling isn't too bad. I am at the point where I feel like I did hundreds of sit ups. Also I have a numbness around my stiches which will melt away. Compared to this time last week I am doing amazingly well! My worst experience was the constipation but Mom took care of that too! I was able to take a laxative after one week with doctor's permission. Gross I know but important because you need to get that back on track!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM
The Bikini Cut

Wow, sounds like your'e doing very well and it's wonderful to have had lots of help at home! My swelling decreases each week, I'd expect yours will too. I know what you mean about trying hard not to overdo. It's so easy to start a little project. I shifted about a dozen items from one closet to another and when I reached up to put them in the closet, I thought this feels like way more than a gallon of milk! Sometimes I just don't realize I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing. One thing that is good for us is walking, and I'm doing plenty of that.

Constipation was a problem for me as well, but after 5 days, finally things started working again with medication and Metamucil. Best wishes as you continue to recover!
Unread 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM
The Bikini Cut

I had my abdominal surgery on 8/15 and was and still am very fortunate to have my mom and husband and three daughters to help out. I am still having pain. I am off the percocet and presently am taking Tylenol w/cod and motrin. I still have a lot of bloating and discomfort. Pulling in the incision and abdomen. I suppose this is normal. I really would like to try to get off the meds so the constipation improves. That has been one of my biggest problems. I found from this site that the suggestion of Milk of Magnesia and warm water was a success but I still do not feel comfortable. it sounds like you are doing pretty well. Keep up the good work and each day will get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 02:53 AM
The Bikini Cut

Wow, nice to read such a cheerful report, nice to hear about supportive family and hubby, so many here apparently are not so lucky.
When your're done with your mom could you send her over here, , My hubby is trying but moms are best( mine is deceased) they just know what to do.
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:17 AM
The Bikini Cut

Hi magicchick

wonderful news sounds like you are being pampered I know moms are great, for those who are able to have them helping you thru this is a blessing! my mom helped out lots too!
even though you might feel good to be doing things, remember that inside you are still healling and that takes a little longer. rest and follow your doctors instructions. hugs.
Unread 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
The Bikini Cut

Thank you so much for responding! It is nice to have support from people who know what I am experiencing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register