Had my doc appt today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my doc appt today Had my doc appt today

Unread 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Had my doc appt today

And got an "All Clear"

Funny how a weeks worth of anxiety melts away with the word normal. She kept saying 'that's normal, and this is normal, yep normal'. It's my new favorite word!

She said to schedule my blood work and CT for the end of Dec/ beginning of Jan. as usual, then see her after those are done. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't released to 6 months yet. However, I know when I am released to 6 month appts I'm going to be a nervous wreck those extra 2 months!

Ok, I was going to add a new post to the HPV thread from a few weeks ago, but decided to post what we (my doc and I) discussed here. Simply because we only discussed my particular case.
*I asked her about the risk of passing HPV on when I'm testing negative for it. She said that considering my history of clean paps, and negative hpv tests, she feels the virus is gone. Therefore, no reason to worry about passing it on.
*I asked her about the virus laying dormant and testing negative for it, could I still be a carrier. She said that the virus can lay dormant, but once it's detected (either by a test or developing CC) it won't go back into a dormant state. Since I'm not sexually active she said any future positives would mean it was a new virus. Again, this is based on my history of clean paps and negative results.
*I asked her the risks of passing it in general. She said that hpv is a virus almost everyone has. Both women and men. And that since I'm showing negative it's not something she feels I should be concerned about.
She stated that if I was having abnormal paps, even occasionally she would be more concerned. However, again, due to my history she feels it's something I don't need to worry about.

I can't stress enough that this was a convo based purely on my own case. Nothing on generalizations. Nothing on studies. Just me, my doc, my tests, my history. I encourage every woman with questions and/or concerns to speak with their doctor. For me, it gave me peace of mind for when I am ready to start hitting the dating scene!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Had my doc appt today

Glad to hear things came out so well for you, Vega, and glad too to hear you had a nice conversation with your doctor. Congratulations!
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Had my doc appt today

Hi Vega,
This is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you. You're always so warm and upbeat! You should celebrate! Go shopping, have a nice dinner or pick up some Ben and Jerry's! Congrats!

me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Had my doc appt today

Such great news! Now relax and enjoy!
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Had my doc appt today

Congrats, happy to hear you had a good outcome today and the new " normal" is a great thing!! Im so happy for you
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Had my doc appt today

Yeah Vega, boringly normal is what I wish for all your future appointments. Now pls enjoy the end of Summer.
s
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Had my doc appt today

Congratulations, Vega. So glad your worries have been cleared up.
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Had my doc appt today

Normal! Wonderful!
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Had my doc appt today

Thanks ladies!!

Cancer head did get the best of me prior to the appt. Last time she mentioned internal scar tissue, but only after a moment of "ummm, hold on, let me switch hands, ok, never mind". I had it in my head that it was going to turn from scar tissue to something more.

I've resented the word "normal" for so many years that I forgot that it could be a GOOD word. It's been going through my head all day. LOL
Unread 08-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Had my doc appt today

Hooray for "NORMAL"!!!! I used to think normal was boring too...But now I'll take a boring old normal result any day! Congrats!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register