Has anyone had a Supracervical Lap Hyst? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had a Supracervical Lap Hyst? Has anyone had a Supracervical Lap Hyst?

Unread 08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Has anyone had a Supracervical Lap Hyst?

I have been reading about everyone's recovery times and I feel a bit guilty. I had a supracervical lap hyst a year ago. I had the surgery on a Monday, and by that Friday (4 days later) I went in for my post op check and was released for driving, sex, everything. I had such a short recovery time. I got to keep my ovaries and my cervix. My doctor said I was a perfect candidate for the SLH and that he would prefer that I keep my cervix to keep my pelvic floor intact, since my cervix was not an issue. I have never felt better in my entire life. I have been searching around this forum but have yet to meet anyone who had the SLH surgery. Just curious if I am the only one.

~Tedra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 06:24 PM

I also had the LSH - I went in Wednesday at 7:30am and home by 6pm - I am experiencing a bit of pain from my bellybutton incision but I fell I'm getting better - although it is hard to tell when your pain med.
Unread 08-29-2008, 07:41 PM

I had the LSH on January 11. I was back to work in less than 2 weeks. Sounds like your recovery was quicker. I was not to drive for 2 weeks and no sex or lifting for 4 weeks.

My left incision hurt for a long time, the worse part was the dang swelly belly! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 07:48 PM

I had an LSH (same as SLH) last summer on a Wednesday. Walked a mile on Sunday, and 2.5 miles one week later. My recovery, physically, was easy - almost too easy. Mentally, it was harder, for some reason.
Kim
LSH 6/27/07
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM

i had an lsh almost 2 years ago...the recovery was very easy for me as well. its really an amazing surgery
Unread 08-29-2008, 09:43 PM

I just had a LSH on Tuesday and I have to say that the recovery is not that bad. I do however have discomfort on my left side. Does anyone know how long this will last?
Unread 08-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max1017
I just had a LSH on Tuesday and I have to say that the recovery is not that bad. I do however have discomfort on my left side. Does anyone know how long this will last?
My left side hurt worse than the right. The incision was larger. If you have the stomach to watch the procedure, check out the link below. You will understand why that side hurts worse.

If my memory serves me right, I was totally pain-free by a month or so.

http://www.or-live.com/borgess/1205/
Unread 08-29-2008, 10:31 PM

I had mine done 8 days ago. Not using any pain meds now and I drove yesterday for the first time, walked around in the grocery store, and carried in the lighter groceries without any problems. So I feel I'm doing pretty well. I don't know if age has anything to do with it but I'm 50 so those with shorter recovery times are you gals pretty young?
I had much more pain on my left side too. Without seeing that video (don't wanna), I am guessing that that is the side he was working from so to speak and that's why it has taken longer to heal. I still cannot sleep on that side but soon, soon....

I think I'll be able to go back to work sooner than I had thought - but my job is pretty physical in that I'm on my feet the whole time, walking, pushing, lifting that kind of thing. So maybe another couple of weeks then back to the grind.
Unread 08-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Max, you know its strange, I was completely pain free from the surgery from the time I woke up. I never so much as took an advil, but then, my monthly periods were so entirely excruciating it was more painful every month to have my period than it was having my two babies. I think my pain tolerance was just very high. I had a thermal ablation 2 years ago, and after that surgery I never took pain meds either. But here I am, 1 year next week post op, and NOW I'm having incision pain on the left side. I called my doctor yesterday and all he could tell me was to come in next week. I really don't know what he can tell me 1 year later. The body is strange.

I was 33 when I had the surgery. I'm in very good shape, I was running before I had the surgery and I picked up the running about 2 weeks post op. I think being healthy and being in good shape before surgery does help you heal faster (as good of health as one can be in despite the reasons we are having a hyst in the first place. I found that the running and walking helped the cramps and overall pain.)
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:09 PM

Hi Tedra,

Yep..I had a LSH too. I agree. It it still one of the best things I ever did for my long term gyneo health.

Best wishes~

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register