How many postop visits after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many postop visits after hysterectomy? How many postop visits after hysterectomy?

Unread 09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
How many postop visits after hysterectomy?

Hi everyone,
I am wondering how many postop appointments there will be after the hysterectomy. I am scheduled to have an LSH on Sept. 16th. Do we have to go to so many postop appointments before being told it's ok for sex? Is an internal vaginal exam done at every appointment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM

I had an 10 day and a 6 week apointment and at 6 weeks things werent right so then i had a 8 week. i had an internal exam done at 6 weeks to check out the cuff but not at the 10 day post op one, lots of luck
hugs
Lisa
Unread 09-01-2008, 09:15 PM

I also had 2 checkups. One at 1.5 weeks and my other one was at 4.5 weeks. My 4.5 week one had an internal exam. It really didn't hurt and I was cleared for all activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM

For my TAH BSO I had a two week and six week check up.
Unread 09-02-2008, 12:20 AM

I had one to make sure my infection had cleared at 4 weeks, then it was two months later that I saw my GYN, and was released from her care and left to go back to my GP for all my girly stuff.

Was told at 4 weeks that I was ready for sex when i chose to have it, at 2 months she was wellllll and I was like still waiting .. chcukles
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:25 AM

Hi there,

I also had a LSH, and would have routinely only been seen at one month out for my first post-op visit. I did run into a slight infection, however, and had a couple visits prior to that.

When I was seen at one month, I was cleared for intercourse at that time. There was an internal exam at the visit, and then I was released for 6-8 months, because I am due for a PAP at that time.

Please take care, and please keep us posted on how you are doing! I wish you the very best for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Sincerely, Trish
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM

I had a six week checkup and that was it, although my surgeon called me at the two-week mark to see if I was doing well, and made it absolutely clear to me that I was to call his office if I had any questions or issues, and I'd be fast-tracked for an appointment if I needed one.
Unread 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM

Hi Bkh,

I also had a LSH. I had a two week post-op appointment with no internal exam. My Dr. just looked at the progress of my two small hip incisions and my belly button incision. I also had a 6-week exam when I did have an internal. I got a greenlight for sex at the 6-week mark.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM

I had TAH/BSO with apendectomy on a Thursday went in to get the staples out on the following Tues. Had an appt @ 3 weeks and he did do and exam. It did not hurt, FYI he was very gentle. Then I have another appt. on Sept. 8. The day before I return to work.
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM

I had three so far and another scheduled in Nov. I went in at 10 days to get staples out and another at 2 weeks to check incision only and go over pathology report. And then had one at 6 weeks for an internal exam. I have another one in NOV. for a follow up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register