Still afraid of having sex! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still afraid of having sex! Still afraid of having sex!

Unread 09-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Still afraid of having sex!

Hi Ladies,

I've been cleared for sex (awhile ago actually) but I've been so afraid of something happening. I'm afraid of ripping the vaginal cuff and damaging it, bleeding, etc.
My husband has a very low libido so there is no pressure from him, although I kind of wish there was...

Regardless I am still scared of hurting something internally.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Get going!

If you have been cleared the vaginal cuff must be healed. June 12 to today is a long time for healing. Let KY jelly be your friend, put on some soft music, have a glass of wine if you wish....

I am only 1 week post op and can't wait for the all clear signal
Unread 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM

LOL I know! I feel like I should be but I guess until I finally do it, my fears won't be eased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2008, 11:08 AM

The unknown can cause fear. Be positive!
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:44 PM

Hugs Heather. i know where you are coming from with the fear of tearing bleeding etc. Im 6 wks post op but havent been cleared yet from gyn. Have an appt at 8 weeks post op when he will check my cuff for healing etc so am expecting to get the all clear then. Then it will definately be ky, a glass of 3 of wine lol. I have spoken to hubby of my fears ( although men try, I dont think they quite "get it" with regards our fears but he did say we will take it slow and at any point Im not comfortable we will stop and try again later. Keep us posted on how you get on. We are there with you, no wait aminute that doesnt sound right, um we are not really THERE with you, the thought of us all watching lol, erm ok try again, we are all thinking of you and will be waiting in the lounge way way way down the hall watching OPRAH lol.
Unread 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM

lol Haggishoney..

Hi Heather I'm not quite 5 weeks post op yet but I'm nervous about the first time too. But it seems these days I worry about almost things, especially health wise.
I think your concern is normal, I'm sure there's more than a few here that feel the same way. I know I do.
Maybe talking to your dr will help ease your mind. HUGS
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM

I had my hyst on July 21st and I'm still worried about sex. Sex has only been painful for me before surgery and that was with KY. I'm afraid of it hurting afterwards. DH is patient and will help me through the fears.

Jen
Unread 09-05-2008, 07:23 PM

I had my surgery June 3, 2008 and I also have not had sex. I bled for 9 weeks very heavy after surgery. I have the same fears you have. I think my dh is afraid to come near me. He wants me to be 100%. I really believe that when the time is right it will happen and we will laugh at ourselves.

You are not the only one.

Tophatt10
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:01 PM

The hubby and I were both so afraid after my surgery. Funny thing is, my libido was in overdrive at that time...after years of hardly wanting sex at all. It's like knowing you can't have it makes you want it
Take your time. Have fun with it. Try things other than actual intercourse to get you going again. (Hope I'm not getting too explicit here.)

Funny note: My gyn. is a wonderful and funny guy. About 3 weeks or so after my surgery, when I was up in the stirrups and he was doing the wonderful exam we all just love, he glanced up at me and said "So, have you taken this thing out for a test drive yet?" That's how he told me it was OK. :}

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register