very confused and need input...please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very confused and need input...please very confused and need input...please

Unread 08-09-2001, 08:27 AM
very confused and need input...please

Wow....as I am sure most of you have been through most of this I know that I am not the only one, but I have so many questions about my disgnosis, where to go what to do, geeze I may not even be on the right site, but here goes nothing...
I had a pap come back "atypical" I handled that, had an endometrial biopsy, that was good, I was elated, had a colp and biopsies came back CIN II, I handled that, had LEEP came back CIN III, I am not handling this one to well. My options Cone or the big "H" I am 38, and have always been faithful with my gyno appts yearly. I am so confused as to what to do. I guess what I am after is someone else's experience was it the same if they had any regrets for having the big "H" other than not having those dreaded monthlies. Any input would be greatly appreciated by me. Thanks and bless you all! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2001, 10:23 AM

I know that you are being faced with a big decision and there is so much info to take in on this subject. Please remember that you need to make your own decision, since you will be living with it. I can only give you my opinion. Personally, I was finished with my family and had no desires to live in worry for the rest of my life. I welcomed a hyst and even though I was very scared, I was thankful that I had a wonderful doctor to help me get through this...not to mention a fantastic dh and kids!
I wish you the very best and please know that you are not alone! We are all here for you!! I'm so thankful that you found the site before making a decision, either way. I think that you will find a lot of info here.
Unread 08-09-2001, 01:56 PM

Hi welcome to hystersisters, cancer concerns. You are certainly in the right place. All of us here have had some experience with either cancer or a precancerous condition.

I too am like Cyd. I had finished having my family and when I had the CIN3 I just wanted it out. I had the option of the cone but even the pathologists suggested a hyster. I have absolutely no regrets.

A hysterectomy is major surgery and you should read as much as you can. Ask as many questions as you need and then make an informed decision for you. If you decide to go ahead , then once it is done it is so important to allow enough time to heal properly. Please remember that we are all here for you, cancer is scary but you are certainly not alone. a big to help you along the way x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2001, 04:32 PM

I know this is a stressful time for you. Please take the time to read up, get all the information you can, and then go back and talk to your doctor again. Should I assume then that the margins didn't come back clear and that's why they want to go back in and do the cone (or hyster)?

I don't regret my TAH at all. Now, when I found out I needed one, I was not totally happy about it but I knew I was making the best decision for myself. I second-guessed it for a couple of weeks after the surgery, but now 6 months post, I can't tell the difference between before and after. I feel great. But it's a decision you have to make for yourself. Good luck with it! Please feel free to keep posting any questions or concerns you have, and all of us will try to share our experiences the best we can.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register