Home Sweet Home | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home Sweet Home Home Sweet Home

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Home Sweet Home

Got home from the castle Friday morning. The path reports were back by then and I was very relieved to find out that although the hyperplassia was definitely headed towards cancer it was not there yet. Pelvic wash and 5 lymph nodes were all clear. Ran a low grade temp most of the time I was there. Wednesday night it climbed into fever land and I woke up talking to my little TV set lol. Also had some sort of bad tremors in my legs the first few days, they were taking blood out of me and scratching their heads, they never did figure it out but they finally stopped on their own and they tended to think it was the anesthesia combined with my lousy electrolyte levels. Also had another ct scan done, the first showed a spot on my left lower lung, tried to tell her it was scar tissue from last winter's severe bout of pneumonia in the left lower quadrant but what do I know So the ct scan came back and they cant see anything because my lungs are a bit messed up because of the surgery, repeat ct scan in 3 months. But I tell ya, I can't go on worrying with this, I put it in Jesus' hands before surgery I am leaving it there or I will just go nuts. I am very sore, gassy, still need that first BM, PLEASE lol I am colace but it seems to not be getting the job done. Maybe I will need to add prune juice or switch to duccalax?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Home Sweet Home

Good to hear you are home and on the mend!! I'm sure the path results brought you a bit of peace as well. As for the bm...lasagna and M.O.M did the trick for me!! Walking will help move some of the gas around.

Other than that remember to pamper yourself and rest as much as possible. You only get 1 chance to heal, so do it right!
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Home Sweet Home

So glad to hear you are home. Prune juice, lots of water and walking around the house as much as I could stand did the trick for me. Switching to a stool softener with laxative also helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Home Sweet Home

See...it is over already. Good news. So happy for the results.

Now just blow that hole and you will be fine...lol.

Juanit
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Home Sweet Home

Barb:
Glad everything went well... I agree with Gerry... lots of water, and walking as much as you are up to... that will help with both the gas pains and getting the bowels to move...
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Home Sweet Home

Thank you for the replies!
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Home Sweet Home

Glad to hear all is well. As for gas and BM's, Lay on your left side if you can comfortably to help the pain and flow. Then just be patient, it will come!!
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Home Sweet Home

Hey congratulations. I was wondering when we would hear from you and so glad you are home. They suggested Miralax which you mix with a liquid. You don't taste it which is really nice - it is just slow acting. Do a little walking and you are on your way.
Jeanie
Unread 09-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Home Sweet Home

Hi Barb,
Glad to hear the path reports showed NO cancer. What wonderful news!
The gas, difficult BM, etc are parr for the course. I cooked dried prunes in water w/some lemon juice and ate them and drank the juice too plus took the colace. Also used gas X but pls check with your doctor if OK. is important too.
May you're recovery go smoothly as you move to a healthy life again.
s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register