17 days to go, and I think I am going nuts - anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

17 days to go, and I think I am going nuts - anyone else? 17 days to go, and I think I am going nuts - anyone else?

Unread 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
17 days to go, and I think I am going nuts - anyone else?

I have 17 days to go until my surgery, and I swear I think I am going to go nuts during the wait! I literally feel as though the stress is making me sick. While I'm not thinking abou the situation 24 hours a day, I believe my body must be reacting to the stress. I must be internalizing all of the stress. I swear, I have already started to have hot flashes!

Has anyone else started to feel physicallyworse since learning about the need for a hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2008, 11:47 AM

I have 14 days to go and I'm going nuts too! I think it's a normal reaction and everyone feels the same. Well at least I hope so. I just think about the in result and releif that I will have. Cleaning my entire house did make me feel better too. Good luck!!
Unread 09-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Thank goodness I found out I needed surgery only 6 days before I had it. If I had to wait as long as you are, I might have given myself an ulcer or something. I was a nervous wreck! It was definitely the worst part of the whole experience. Everything single thing I worried about either did not happen or was not nearly as bad as I expected it to be. It is certainly a major surgery but the pain was very manageable with the meds and I was well taken care of. I do think your body might be reacting to the stress. It is a stressful situation, but if there is one thing I could go back and tell my preop self it would be to not worry so much, everything will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM

I will go on the 19th...I am trying not to count days....I am very worried about everything....going nuts seems to be an understatement for me...
I feels nut already

I am on LUPRON and I am really having hot flashes

LOL
Unread 09-08-2008, 07:02 PM

I don't think it has hit me quite yet. Yeah I think about it and I worry a moment and then it goes away. Tonight my husband was checking what dates I need him to take off and it kind of hit home a bit more. I think after I have my preop next week I will get worried sick. Thank goodness I do have Xanax just in case.

Still the bowel prep is my biggest nightmare, I despise drinking ucky stuff and I hate having diarrhea so much so I get all weepy when I am sick to my stomach. My poor husband is in for it the day of that!
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:44 AM

I have 16 days to go and I am so ready for this to be over with. I am so uncomfortable with my bladder trying to desert my body. It is hard to complete a task with out stopping to lie down. I know what you mean about thinking that your not thinking about it all the time. I find myself clinching my teeth with out realizing it, it is making my jaws sore. Bowel prep..YUCK!! Thankfully I have pills to take, 4 every 15 min. with 8 oz. water. 32 pills total. Not to bad at least I don't have to taste anything. But the results are the same as yucky liquid. Just keep in mind the positive result after all of this is done. Good luck to all.

Tbear1308

TVH, A&P repair, and gland fix
Unread 09-09-2008, 06:17 AM

Hunny i know how you feel, i had my surgery on the 20th Aug and i was to the point of feeling sick to the stomach but come the day i was the calmest i had ever been, i think i finally acepted that what would be would be and no amount of worrying would change a thing.

Good luck and try not to worry xxx
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:38 AM

I had been taking ativan (anti-anxiety med like xanax) before the surgery, but I only took a whole one at night for sleep -- a half got me through the day okay. I was VERY stressed and anxious, wondering if I could make myself go when the day came! At the pre-op, I was told to take a whole ativan before leaving the house, and it made me as calm as can be. I was actually joking and laughing with the anesthesiologist. My husband was amazed - and relieved! Don't be afraid to ask for something to keep you calm, and good luck. You will do just fine!
Unread 09-09-2008, 08:13 AM

Betsi,
I see that you, like myself are older than the average age that I have read in all of the posts. I am 7 years older than you. I don't have to worry about hormones and hot flashes, been there done that. I know I can handle the Hyster. and even the bladder and gland issues. It is the other repair that has me on edge. It is a sphincteroplasty. Which is to put it simply, pulling back together the anal muscle rings that has torn. Instead of being in a complete O, the inner and outer muscles are a C. I have to be in 4-5 days on IVs only. Just hoping it won't be as painful as it sounds...

Tbear1308

Unread 09-09-2008, 08:34 AM

I was the same way before my TVH. I even cried like a baby when they took me back. But after it was over everything was fine. I am 3 weeks today and as long as I do not over do it (like I did yesterday) i am fine. I go back to work on Monday and will be glad to get out of this house. Stop worrying I know easier said than done but trust me you worrying about it is the worst part.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register