Estradiol or something more? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol or something more? Estradiol or something more?

Unread 09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Estradiol or something more?

I was put on a patch when i left the hospital last Thursday than started estrodial 2mg on the 5th, than on the 8th the patch came off. So been on just the estrodiol. When does it kick in? My dr said today she wants to give till the end of the month before we look at something else since its only been a week. I plan to stick with HRT, MAYBE add in natural(black cohosh) but i am not sure. I wanna stick with the medical side right now. But i am sweating buckets, i can be in the car a/c as cold as it gets blowing in my face and i will be soaking wet. I cant sleep i toss and turn all night, i cry over EVERYTHING, i get honkerblonked if a towel isnt folded right. I been trying to see how HRT, especially Estradiol works with bi-polar mania and the meds that go with it (depakote er for example). In about another week i go to get my BI-Polar levels checked and see my psych dr on the 22. He knew i was having this surgery. But i mean i know its only been a week, i knew what i was getting into , but GODS. I feel like im not even me some days. I was in a ice cold shower today and didn't want to leave it .

Any of yawl have experience with estrodial? especially with bi-polar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2008, 08:55 AM

I have found it takes about a month to get full effects from the hrt. Hrt adjustments do not happen quickly and herbs even take longer.

You may find relief by sleeping with fans on, ac cold, drink ice water, dress in cotton and stay away from spicey foods, alcohol, sugar, caffiene and hot meals,as all these things make the heat go up. Stress seems to affect it , so use easy breathing and try to stay calm.

I have been on the estradiol vivelle dot patch for 5 years and sometimes I do get hot flashes on it at times, but hrt is not always 100%, but does cut out the severe hot flashes and the amount you have.

Hrt can never replace what our ovaries did, but it is the closest thing that works the best .

Hang in there
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:16 PM

the estrodial can also be aggravating your symptoms..it affects everyone differently. I found that taking it makes me nuts...all kinds of estrogen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2008, 09:27 PM

If you stay with the patch, you don't usually need as much as a pill. That is good, and it goes to the bloodstream, not the liver.
Unread 09-13-2008, 10:17 PM

problem with the patch was as i warned her, i was itchy the whole time. my skin is very sensitive. I knew it wouldnt work out( i had tried the patch back in the day for smoking and had the same issues). She wants me to give the estrodial till the 30th. I am not to keen on OTC remedies, i have lots of family members saying "oh use this , use that" with my psych meds i dont like doing that risk.But what is all this stuff i hear about estrogen and progesterone mixed? i thought all HRT was estrogen
Unread 04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Re: Estradiol or something more?

I started on Estradiol yesterday - 2mg. How have things worked out for you? How long did it take? Change in libido?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register