Ok, I'm trying dinner and a movie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok, I'm trying dinner and a movie Ok, I'm trying dinner and a movie

Unread 09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Ok, I'm trying dinner and a movie

I'm 4 weeks tomorrow. I don't know if I'm gonna make it sitting a theater for 2 hours. My poor DH must be going stir crazy. It never his suggestion to go, but he came home early and asked if we could go. Not really in the mood to go, but I'll try. Wish me luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2008, 04:29 PM

Well you will think I'm crazy but I had my LAVH on a Monday and on Friday I went shopping and to the hair salon with my daughter and was out for about 6 hours. I was tired but it felt great to be out among ppl. At 3 weeks I was back to work with only lifting restrictions.
Unread 09-17-2008, 04:30 PM

I say go for it if you're feeling good. We haven't been to the movies since surgery either. Rented a few and watched at home so far.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Hey Sista!

What is the worst that can happen is what I always say! If you are uncomfortable you go home and rest and if you can make it through well then awesome! You tried and that is what matters most.

Hugs and let us know how you make out!
Tracy
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:55 PM

I have been back to my normal routine since 10 days post op. I rest when I feel tired, but other then that life is back to normal except for the sex and lifting restrictions of course.
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Well, I made it thru dinner, no movie. My poor DH is never gonna get to see Batman. I had to wear jeans cuz I haven't waxed my legs. no dresses for me yet. I guess the pressure from the jeans caused me too much pain. How do u guys do it. I am still so sore. I have been out a few times. to blockbuster, dr. appt. with DD, a freinds for dinner. Nothing much. I'm ready!!!
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM

Ouch! Too soon for jeans! Well, at least you got dinner. You're still fairly early in recovery. Don't force the wardrobe; I wore loose sweat pants for about the first 2 months!! Nothing with a fly front until maybe a month ago and that is only once in a while and when I know I won't be sitting too long.
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:03 PM

Sometimes just getting out in the sun and doing something makes you feel so good, it actually improves your recovery. Do what you can, and leave early if things hurt. I was afraid to eat out because of belly aches everytime I ate something substantial. A friend insisted and I had 4 mini burgers (appetizer plate) and it didn't bother me at all.

Good luck and have some fun!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register