Cone Biopsy Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cone Biopsy Question Cone Biopsy Question

Unread 09-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Cone Biopsy Question

Hi:

Im having a cone biopsy on 9/24. I am in NY and have no family in the state that drives and need to figure out everything that I need to do when leaving the hospital because I may need to take a taxi. Do they give you any prescriptions that need to be filled after a cone biopsy that can't wait until the next day? I would hate to pay a taxi to sit outside for 20 minutes while I wait to get it filled. I am also assuming that I will be able to drive the next morning, is that a good assumption?

Thanks
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Cone Biopsy Question

They may or may not prescribe you some painkillers. I don't recall that I was given any. Call your doctor's office and ask if anything will be prescribed, and if they could call it in the day before so that you can get it filled ahead of time.

If you are having general anesthesia, I believe they tell you not to drive or make any important decisions during the first 24 hours.

Good luck with your cone! I hope all goes well. Please let us know how you are doing.

Unread 09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Cone Biopsy Question

I got my prescription as I left the day surgery center. Just 5 months prior to that I had another surgery and the doctor gave me the prescription prior to the surgery so I'd have it when I got home.

If they give you a prescription, you probably won't want to wait until the next day. You'll need it that day.

They may not release you if you don't have someone to take you home (or go home with you). Do you have a coworker you can ask to help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Cone Biopsy Question

I thought about the co-worker route, but the location where my co-workers are is 2 hours from where I live. Also I am the only female senior manager in my group. I feel uncomfortable asking one of the people who I manage to drive 2 hours each way because I am not sure they would be saying yes because they want to or because I am their manager. I also don't want them to have the visual of me throwing up post surgury in their car :-). The hospital is 45 minutes from my house. I was considering getting a hotel close to the hospital, having my husband in the hotel and then taking a taxi to the hotel and staying until the morning. My husband does not drive. Can't I get released to a taxi?

Thanks for the info
Unread 09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Cone Biopsy Question

i'm sorry to hear you need to have a cone biopsy, and i hope all goes smoothly. most hospitals won't let you go home in a taxi after general anesthesia unless you have someone 'responsible' to accompany you. so, you could go home in a taxi if your husband is with you. is that a possibility? and, yes, you can ask your doctor if you will need a prescription medicine afterwards, and if so, you can ask for the rx ahead of time.
Unread 09-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Cone Biopsy Question

My surgury is scheduled for 2pm and they do not expect me to be released until somewhere between 6pm - 8pm is there any chance I can get medical to approve an overnight stay being as I would be leaving so late anyway?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register