Incisional Hernia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incisional Hernia Incisional Hernia

Unread 09-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Incisional Hernia

Hi sisters,

I had a complete abdominal hysterectomy on January 25, this year. My recovery was very uncomplicated and went very smoothly. The beginning of June brought some stomach spasms, infrequent, no pattern to them, a nuisance. I thought it was some stress. As the summer passed the spasms became more intense and more frequent. The Tuesday after Labor Day I was up all night vomiting and thought to myself that I thought I had a bowel obstruction. My b.m.s had gotten very much irregular and I ate two bites of whatever and was full. When I was up all night vomiting, I realized, "bowels". I spent the whole next day in the E.R. and all tests came back fine except the cat scan. It showed an incisional hernia from the hysterectomy and a partial bowel obstruction. Long story short, I spent 7 hours in the operating room on Sept 11. I had alot of bowel that had come through, tangled and it had adhered to muscle and my bladder. It took two hours just to untangle my intestine. My bladder was up too high in the abdomen and had to be put down lower. I have 16 incisions on my tummy, the surgery was done laproscopically and have quite a large screen mesh inside of me now closing up the break in my muscle. It's been sutured in in 12 places and they put 40 RIVETS in! Needless to say I am hurting and so soon after the hysterectomy. Has this happened to anyone else out there? This wasn't just muscle adhesions, because the doctor told me my intestines were "out" as high as my belly button and as low as my pubic bone. All comments welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Incisional Hernia

wolfsimon

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you.

Other ladies have reported hernias following their hysterectomies and I hope that any, who can relate, will be along soon to share. In the meantime, you may wish to try a Google Search of HysterSisters (towards the top right of every page) to find any similar experiences.

Sending all good wishes for a smooth recovery and better days ahead.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register